Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns from the States

Guns from the States

Hey guys,

I've been looking into purchasing a firearm from our lovely neighbors down South. I was curious if any one you have done this before? It would be my first international purchase and was hoping for some tips and hints. I've read over some of the F.A.Q's about international purchases on government websites and I feel like the process is pretty straight forward. Here are a few questions that I have.

1. Is it common for Canadian gun owners to purchase from the states?
    2. The selection of firearms is much greater down South, and they seem to always have the desired items in stock. How do Canadian stores keep up?
    3. Are there any risks to buying from the states?
    4. Are there any gun stores that you suggest dealing with and have used personally?

Thank you for any responses, they are appreciated!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    I Run Guns has a forum here, as does Prophet River. Both offer importation services. I'd say it is very common, at least for members on this forum. As long as what you are ordering is legal to own here, the manufacturer has a US export permit, and you can afford it, the import companies here can get it across the border legally.

Online gun auction sites are a good source.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Hi Fenceline,

Thank you for the quick response. I am pretty new to these forums and am unfamiliar with the above mentioned threads/forums. I am also unfamiliar with any online gun auction sites. Can you suggest a few for me to check out? Thank you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    https://www.irunguns.us/import_process.php

http://www.gunsamerica.com

http://www.gunbroker.com

Outcast covered it. I Run Guns is a forum sponsor here. There have their own sub-forum with a bunch of stickied threads to tell you everything you need to know about their services.

IRG Forum

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...p/305-Irunguns
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I've one it by myself using a FFL dealer to export from the states, but it is now very expensive. Your best bet is Irunguns or Prophet River.

Life member, NRA, NFA,CFSS

CGN frequent flyer
    Unless you are looking at something special or a "high priced" gun that you can't find here it's not the way to go.

It can run you somewhere in the 200-400 buck range just to get the permits all in order - not something you want to get into if you are only looking at a typical "on any shelf in Canada" rifle or shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by galamb View Post
    Unless you are looking at something special or a "high priced" gun that you can't find here it's not the way to go.

It can run you somewhere in the 200-400 buck range just to get the permits all in order - not something you want to get into if you are only looking at a typical "on any shelf in Canada" rifle or shotgun.
    Price is all in how much you shop for bargains. I got my valmet for half what it would have cost me here, all fees and exchange included. If you are a smart shopper, it can be a very good way to go.

The U.S. Market often has guns you can't get here, simply for lack of supply.

Hey Fenceline,

Would it be ok If i sent you a pm with a few more questions?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKk View Post
    Hey Fenceline,

Would it be ok If i sent you a pm with a few more questions?
    You already did. And I replied. Feel free to send another haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast