Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time license RPAL issued without being questioned by CFO?

First time license RPAL issued without being questioned by CFO?

I checked the status of my RPAL application online and it states that it has been issued. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet and they haven't talked to me or asked any questions. They have talked to my references and everything seems to be ok.
    Will they have questions for me before its delivered? Is it normal to get an RPAL without them talking to me first?
    Curious as I am looking forward to getting my first SIG.
    At times, Life is like a crap sandwich....the more bread you got the less crap you have to eat.
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person..........your behavior does.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclops666's Avatar
    They don't talk to applicants anymore
    The cfo used to call you into his office for a chat years ago

CGN frequent flyer Beretta-Skeet's Avatar
    I got my RPAL without them phoning me or any of my references.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta-Skeet View Post
    I got my RPAL without them phoning me or any of my references.
    Me too, but that wasn't recently.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

The current policies are chock-full of BS as is, no need to long for more. lol.

I was called and questioned on the phone for my pal and rpal. 20 minutes of questioning. Are you a drug dealer, have you committed any domestic violences ect.

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudbury shooter View Post
    I was called and questioned on the phone for my pal and rpal. 20 minutes of questioning. Are you a drug dealer, have you committed any domestic violences ect.
    So was I. Why do you want an RPAL was the main focus of conversation and I was given the distinct impression they try to dissuade folks from getting one. I suppose too it depends on who gets your file!
    I called the CFO's office for the first time to complete my end of a restricted transfer (private purchase). Went very smooth. Of course, still don't have an ATT. Figure it will take a couple weeks at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Amateur View Post
    So was I. Why do you want an RPAL was the main focus of conversation and I was given the distinct impression they try to dissuade folks from getting one. I suppose too it depends on who gets your file!
    I called the CFO's office for the first time to complete my end of a restricted transfer (private purchase). Went very smooth. Of course, still don't have an ATT. Figure it will take a couple weeks at least.
    Exactly how it is! "sir do you feel like a criminal?" "no?" "hold on, let me change that for you."

Just got my R-PAL in SK - took 6 months.

They called both references, but questions to each were slightly different. One referee was asked whether I had a 'stable personality', and how did that referee think I 'handled stressful situations'?

The other referee was asked what he thought my motives were for wanting Restricted status, and whether I had spoken of wanting to be involved in shooting as a sport.

Intriguing, to be sure, and on a par for 'off-the-wall' type queries as my application for Permanent Resident status.

CGN Regular
    Upgraded PAL to rPAL in under a year so no wait period. Took 3 weeks. Called one reference and that was it. That was july 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast