Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McMillan TAC50 C15 Rifle Only 10 only EVER!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    does it have the head space issues the c 15 has??? we are now using the field gauges and not the shop gages. i would not get behind one of these rifles. They are fine rifles but that head space is creepy.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

Lotto Max baby!!!
    50 Cal; 50 mil up for grabs, 50 one mil prizes up for grabs!!!

Hmmmm a sign maybe!!!!

CGN frequent flyer DG Photography's Avatar
    I get to shoot one regularly it is a very nice rifle. My PGW LRT 3 load data works well in the TAC .50. The issues that I had with it was getting use to mag seating and the bolt will not close on an empty mag. All things that require getting use to except for the bipod flopp master flopp other than that beautiful rifle especially with the Ti can that was out for testing
    EESA Member

Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    does it have the head space issues the c 15 has??? we are now using the field gauges and not the shop gages. i would not get behind one of these rifles. They are fine rifles but that head space is creepy.
    Please explain your negative post, support it with evidence, or have it deleted, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    Over they years there has been a lot of disconnect between 50 caliber reamers, gauges, chambers and ammo. Large variances between gauge manufacturers was very common and one would see one set of gauges close easily on a no go and another set from a different supplier not even close on a go gauge in the same rifle. While this was at one time a very minor concern for the CF I am certain these rifles are headspaced perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by rsp1761 View Post
    Over they years there has been a lot of disconnect between 50 caliber reamers, gauges, chambers and ammo. Large variances between gauge manufacturers was very common and one would see one set of gauges close easily on a no go and another set from a different supplier not even close on a go gauge in the same rifle. While this was at one time a very minor concern for the CF I am certain these rifles are headspaced perfectly.
    Ross you are bang on, i have been working on those for as long as they have been in service with the CF.

in addition to the discrepencies with the shop guages, manufaturer guages and reloading/ammo manufacturers,

the actual training that the weapon techs would get was insufficient to say the least, those weapon require some very special needs...

even if mass produced they are almost like a custom built and are not all totally identical because of different usage, care/cleaning process and users competence of weapon system.

some of the headspace issues that we did get would not affect the safety of anyone using them...never did.

they would over time...lots of ammo( nobody would ever fire that much....) lose some accuracy, but on a theoretical level that most shooter could not even hold, keeping in mind that the .50BMG is not and never will be a 1/4 MOA using the ammo the CF is supplied.

I would shoot those any day with kids standing by and not having any safety concern.

i too, would like the OP to explain and support is claim...that's not cool with me when people do stuff like that and certainly not fair to the ones working their butt off to bring exceptional weapons ( that i cant afford most of the time) to the market.
    Last edited by batwing; 06-03-2015 at 10:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    that is a gorgeous rifle, I'll take two.

Wait... I can't even afford one

Maybe just maybe the finance.

What's the difference between these and the a1 & a1R2?
    Last edited by r34skyline; 06-13-2015 at 12:50 AM.

I have fired thousands of rounds through this system, using multiple guns with zero issue. I'd take the 50 over the c14 anyday of the week even with the ton of extra weight. To speak to the rifle being an absolute tack driver, my best ever group was 60mm at 600m with the 750gr sniper elite. Now I'm not saying this was the norm group size but I was completely sold on the gun after that. The only real problem with the gun is the horrendous cheek piece, lots of memory foam and hockey tape to get the elevation for proper eye relief.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    you said you offer layaway plans, how do I get more info on that?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    you said you offer layaway plans, how do I get more info on that?
    email sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast