Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Remington Law Enforcement Division - 870P Walnut IN STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    metal trigger guard
    The new ones have a plastic trigger guard... Or at least mine does, but the trigger assembly is metal I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by North of 7 View Post
    Did you ever have an 870 express fail? Again forgive my ignorance... however, I love the expression on the expensive over and under guys' faces when an 870 express outshoots them on the clay field... with over 5000 rounds under its belt.... perhaps the line was running well when both of my express guns were made 10 years apart... so does the 870 marine gun have all of the upgraded parts as well to make it expensive? or is it only police agencies that can afford to pay too much for a 870?
    Yes. I have.

How did it fail?

Looking at Remington's site, they don't mention steel trigger group anymore. They must have replaced it with the plastic. From what my research shows though, the plastic is actually stronger anyways... The quality is pretty nice anyways.
    As I said, mine has the plastic guard and it feels very well made. The gun is super smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by North of 7 View Post
    How did it fail?
    Nothing catastrophic, rounds jamming.

BANNED
    guess they are all sold now.

ive heard of them jamming with the cheap low brass rounds but never had it happen myself after thousands of rounds... guess I got lucky

Enjoy everyone who got one, they're well worth their weight in gold. Even my girlfriend who thinks guns are ugly (I know I know), thought mine looked real classy with the beautiful walnut stock and the matte finish.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    My 870P is certainly smoother than even my older express.

The express is not a bad gun, but you simply can't expect much inspection or polishing time down at that price point. The Wingmaster and Police models have that, along with better quality parts (not like the express parts are prone to failure, but they're still better) and a much much much better finish. That's what you're paying for.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I have worked on most of the major brands and individual models of modern pump shotguns. The last police model I applied that magical ceramic coating that I can't talk about had a very rough finish with obvious machine marks on the outside of the receiver. No big deal really since it is only aesthetics but not the wonderfully finished product everyone raves about. To be honest the Mossberg 590 A1 is the tank of modern shotguns from my unbiased observations. Double extractors. Wow. It is the one brand of pump gun I don't currently own but that will soon change.