Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Remington Law Enforcement Division - 870P Walnut IN STOCK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    I have a Police and a low mileage older Wingmaster to try...I'm going to try a blind racking test at the range with shells to see which is smoother.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    If you can feel a difference between two actions, you're not racking the damn thing hard enough.
    My 870p almost racks itself, out of the box silk smooth, express is.............sandpaper smooth
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    Its better in terms of fit and finish and quality of parts as well as use and cycling the action, all I have to do is cycle a few rounds through my 870p and its all over, it wins hands down, the only similarities are , they both go bang!!
    In few years you won't be able to tell the difference. Yes, 870P may be a bit smoother out of the box. So, what? Express has better more rugged trigger guard that will take more abuse than anything installed on Police. Parts are exactly the same except for two springs priced at couple of bucks. Finish is much nicer on Police and for that alone it's worth to pay $200 more, but not $400 or $500.
    If smoothness of the action is the best measurement of quality, than both of them are crap comparing to Ithaca M37.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    If you can feel a difference between two actions, you're not racking the damn thing hard enough.
    Have you fired a current 870P?

I never believed the hype until I ponied up the dough and bought a 870P. It's lives up to it.. The harmonics while racking the action sound completely different.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Yes. I own all of them. You must be gifted to hear the difference in sound of the action between Police and Express. Anything that you picked up about the smell?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Yes. I own all of them. You must be gifted to hear the difference in sound of the action between Police and Express. Anything that you picked up about the smell?
    I'm a musician, so yes. I am gifted enough to hear the difference. They smell the same. G96 and gunpowder.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

If Express is good enough for Wilson Combat and Nighthawk to build their custom 870s on, I think it's a solid base shotgun for anybody else too. By upgrading the two or three parts, you just getting yourself a very solid boomstick that can be refinished later down the road.

I have the synthetic stock 870p, not regretting the extra $ put in. The walnut stock is nice too.
    De oppresso liber -"to free from oppression"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    So after several posts preaching there's no difference, why did you buy an 870P?

Quote Originally Posted by bearkilr View Post
    So after several posts preaching there's no difference, why did you buy an 870P?
    Because I didn't pay such retarded price for it. One just can't refuse some of the deals out there. My Police was priced at $499...just $100 more than Express back then. As I said before, it's fair to say that Police is probably worth $200 more than Express, because of the finish and two or three upgraded parts...certainly not $400 or $500 more as Remington is charging all the misguided clients...and no, there is no difference in function between all these models. Otherwise why Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom would be using Express shotguns for their custom builds?