Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Remington Law Enforcement Division - 870P Walnut IN STOCK

BANNED
    Because the wingmaster doesn't come with 14"/18" barrels. Also, if you are going to buy an action only to gut it and polish it to where you want to it be and build it up, the platform should be as inexpensive as possible.

FF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Otherwise why Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom would be using Express shotguns for their custom builds?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    First part of your post contradicts the second part. Wingmaster or Police action is smoother out of the box, not because it has better parts or more labor behind, but because it has better finish. Less friction with the smoother finish. You can fix that on Express using a bit of steel wool if you wish. There is a dude out there who for the last 25 years worked for different LE agencies (43 to be exact) in US as the Remington Factory Certified Law Enforcement Armorer. He's still holding that certification as per today. Ex SWAT cop. He runs his own company and is official Remington dealer working on all 870s and 11-87s and doing all kinds of gunsmithing (selling his own line of shotguns). Search for: "Aippi 870" and learn some facts Guys. Why? Because he's one of the very few guys in the industry that is not afraid to tell the clients the facts, and will not be repeating the same Remington marketing BS right in your face as other do. You can also pick up some very useful knowledge off his website full of great free advices and quick fixes for the 870 owners. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Nestor; 08-03-2015 at 04:01 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Who can't hear audible differences in actions of the same kind of gun? Pretty easy stuff I thought.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    If Express is good enough for Wilson Combat and Nighthawk to build their custom 870s on, I think it's a solid base shotgun for anybody else too. By upgrading the two or three parts, you just getting yourself a very solid boomstick that can be refinished later down the road.
    they start with crap and make it good, makes sense to me, buy the cheapest and put your own parts in, still never be an 870P
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    Have you fired a current 870P?

I never believed the hype until I ponied up the dough and bought a 870P. It's lives up to it.. The harmonics while racking the action sound completely different.
    I can hear the difference easily
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    they start with crap and make it good, makes sense to me, buy the cheapest and put your own parts in, still never be an 870P
    But if it functions just as effectively and flawlessly as the "P" model, who cares for a lower price point? I fully understand why people invest in top dollar items, because you get what you pay for right? In this case I got what you paid for with your police model, and paid a fraction of the price. But as long as we both enjoy them, I guess everyone is happy!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    Opinions are like as.... as they say, but in fact most of the parts on Wilson shotguns are the very same Express parts that were there at the start of the process. Really there is no need to create impression that the original Express parts are disposed and all they are using is Express receiver with Wilson parts. It's not true. You are simply paying for the labor, finish and name.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Because I didn't pay such retarded price for it. One just can't refuse some of the deals out there. My Police was priced at $499...just $100 more than Express back then. As I said before, it's fair to say that Police is probably worth $200 more than Express, because of the finish and two or three upgraded parts...certainly not $400 or $500 more as Remington is charging all the misguided clients...and no, there is no difference in function between all these models. Otherwise why Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom would be using Express shotguns for their custom builds?
    I have an 870 Express, 870 Wingmaster, 870 Sportsman, 870 Special Field, 870 Police and a Wilson Combat Border Patrol.
    There is a distinct difference between the smoothest (WC) and roughest (Express). While they all may initially use the same receiver, there's more to it than finish, it's obvious just by looking at it and very obvious by cycling, regardless of what you claim.

Is a Remington 700 SPS Varmint the same as a 700 VSSF? Only if you're lacking 3 of the 5 senses.

So, maybe you can list the parts that are "different" between all these models if that is so obvious?
    Hint: you can use Remington website if you need some help with the parts numbers.
    Don't be surprised however to discover that all these parts between different 870 models are priced exactly the same.
    Why?
    Because they are the same parts. In fact you can buy some of the Police (parkerized) parts cheaper than these made for Express.