Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Rifle

CGN Regular
    Currently looking for a 795, now how many magazines should I buy extra? I'm thinking of getting 3 extra. What do you guys think?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_d View Post
    .22 rifle? CZ 452/453/455. its the kind of rifle you can own for a lifetime, basically. a little more expensive than a 10/22, but bolt actions save money and are awesome accuracy-wise.

You get a 10/22 for fun and plinking and a CZ 452 to practice acuracy skills

Quote Originally Posted by Mattkov View Post
    Currently looking for a 795, now how many magazines should I buy extra? I'm thinking of getting 3 extra. What do you guys think?
    I've heard quite a few good things about the 795.

In case you haven't completely made up your mind; I've had both the Remington 597 and the Ruger 10/22, and the Ruger is world's better than the Remington (except perhaps in the accuracy department, and that's just a maybe). The Remington high capacity mags for the 597 are HORRID ... HORRRIIIDDDDD. It was my first rifle, and the first to leave my collection.

CGN Regular
    I ended up buying a 795 after reading many good things about it, the only hard part if to find 10rds magazines :P but i'll find some :P

I ended up buying a 795 after reading many good things about it, the only hard part if to find 10rds magazines :P but i'll find some :P
    You made a very good choice in my biased opinion.

Order the magazine from Numrich. Great company to deal with and they ship internationally so they know what they are doing. They'll charge an firearm export fee of sorts for the order to be shipped to Canada but it is a one time flat fee for that order regardless of how much you spend ($20 I think?). I ordered 5, 10 round magazines and a trigger guard. Trigger guard is plastic so having a spare is a good idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123