Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dealer direct pricing on S&J AR 500 body armor

Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    Just looking for confirmation that these are still 299.99. If so which specific plates are included. Is it only front and rear, with shooters cut on both the front and rear?

L4 plates at this time are now $349.99 and we have only 11 sets left

L3 plates on sales for $299.99

both L3 and L4 are shooters cut front and back , single curved

bbb
    Last edited by badboybeeson; 07-08-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    L4 plates at this time are now $349.99 and we have only 11 sets left

L3 plates on sales for $299.99

both L3 and L4 are shooters cut front and back , single curved

bbb
    If you reference a little earlier in the thread:

Specifically posts #18, and posts #23.

Post #18 (Question)
    "Also, is this a limited time offer, or it's going to be part of your regular products?"

Post #23 (Your answer)
    "It will be standard price, but the reason we always did pre orders in the past is that we would run out due to people only buying as soon as we said they were in stock.
    so we go from having a large amount to almost nothing in a few days.
    As we have dropped the price as low as poss, this is going to make keeping them in stock harder.
    Of course we plan to up our production, but there are issues with that also.
    Mostly time and money and in our case space.
    bbb "

I know from other people I have spoken to, that there has been multiple people interested in this, but were waiting to free up some funds from other endeavors. I personally did not feel rushed to purchase something at a "standard price" when I could not at the time afford to. When a business states that something is a "standard price", one could expect to be able to make the same purchase mere weeks down the road when they have the funds to support themselves doing so. I must admit I am a little upset to come back to this to see that I am required to pay above what the business considers a "standard price".

Eric

If you reference a little earlier in the thread:

Specifically posts #18, and posts #23.

Post #18 (Question)
    "Also, is this a limited time offer, or it's going to be part of your regular products?"

Post #23 (Your answer)
    "It will be standard price, but the reason we always did pre orders in the past is that we would run out due to people only buying as soon as we said they were in stock.
    so we go from having a large amount to almost nothing in a few days.
    As we have dropped the price as low as poss, this is going to make keeping them in stock harder.
    Of course we plan to up our production, but there are issues with that also.
    Mostly time and money and in our case space.
    bbb "

I know from other people I have spoken to, that there has been multiple people interested in this, but were waiting to free up some funds from other endeavors. I personally did not feel rushed to purchase something at a "standard price" when I could not at the time afford to. When a business states that something is a "standard price", one could expect to be able to make the same purchase mere weeks down the road when they have the funds to support themselves doing so. I must admit I am a little upset to come back to this to see that I am required to pay above what the business considers a "standard price".

Eric

Eric

we can understand your point, everyone is looking for a deal.
    And thank you for quoting our posts.

I have added one of our post below, where it states "we hope to hold the $299.99 price, but on our end it changes a lot due to steel price."

Not that I would normaly bring it up, but our steel supplier retroactively changed the price on us, so we will make very little to nothing on the plates at $299.99 and with the LEO discount, likely we will lose money.
    This we found out yesterday, so we are trying to recoup some of the money we have lost with over 80% pre sold at the lower price of $299.99
    A lot of work for very little gain.
    We feel that the price of $425 is very fair, the $350 everybody is very, very happy with and the $299 price... what can I say...
    We are the only company to offer L4 hard armor at this price point, cheaper then the USA at $350.
    If the steel price and our cost keep changing and we keep selling it at $299 we will go under.

We are looking for a new steel supplier, that can make the steel we need to our spec, as its not off the shelf standard AR500.
    when this happens we may be able to hold the price firm.
    That said we will not be asking people that have already paid for $8000 we have lost on this production run.

S&J

Eric

we can understand your point, everyone is looking for a deal.
    And thank you for quoting our posts.

I have added one of our post below, where it states "we hope to hold the $299.99 price, but on our end it changes a lot due to steel price."

Not that I would normaly bring it up, but our steel supplier retroactively changed the price on us, so we will make very little to nothing on the plates at $299.99 and with the LEO discount, likely we will lose money.
    This we found out yesterday, so we are trying to recoup some of the money we have lost with over 80% pre sold at the lower price of $299.99
    A lot of work for very little gain.
    We feel that the price of $425 is very fair, the $350 everybody is very, very happy with and the $299 price... what can I say...
    We are the only company to offer L4 hard armor at this price point, cheaper then the USA at $350.
    If the steel price and our cost keep changing and we keep selling it at $299 we will go under.

We are looking for a new steel supplier, that can make the steel we need to our spec, as its not off the shelf standard AR500.
    when this happens we may be able to hold the price firm.
    That said we will not be asking people that have already paid for $8000 we have lost on this production run.

S&J
    I appreciate the reply, and detailed explanation. I am a consulting engineer that specializes in the industrial mining and refining process of various ferrous and non ferrous metals. That said, I do understand the cyclical nature of these metals. Another example of this is when a client decides to halt a 3 billion dollar capital cost project because the market price of their metal has dropped, and they will no longer be profitable.

I guess the main reason I am upset is because I intentionally held off on purchasing for a few weeks due to public information that S&J made available. Now when I have the funds to purchase, I come back to the thread and find out that the prices have been hiked 17%. I hope you can see my justified frustration.

I appreciate the reply, and detailed explanation. I am a consulting engineer that specializes in the industrial mining and refining process of various ferrous and non ferrous metals. That said, I do understand the cyclical nature of these metals. Another example of this is when a client decides to halt a 3 billion dollar capital cost project because the market price of their metal has dropped, and they will no longer be profitable.

I guess the main reason I am upset is because I intentionally held off on purchasing for a few weeks due to public information that S&J made available. Now when I have the funds to purchase, I come back to the thread and find out that the prices have been hiked 17%. I hope you can see my justified frustration.
    Eric
    We 100% understand where you are coming from, and we really want your business, and we have has some clients for almost 10yrs and we hope you become one of them.
    so this is what we would like to do.
    We would like to sell you the plate at the $299.99 price point
    please place your order and we will adjust our end the total amount inc shipping to you area please put you CGN name in the " how did you hear about us box"
    and we will make the adjustments

Thanks

SImon

CGN Regular
    Eric
    We 100% understand where you are coming from, and we really want your business, and we have has some clients for almost 10yrs and we hope you become one of them.
    so this is what we would like to do.
    We would like to sell you the plate at the $299.99 price point
    please place your order and we will adjust our end the total amount inc shipping to you area please put you CGN name in the " how did you hear about us box"
    and we will make the adjustments

Thanks

SImon

Hi Simon,
    I'm in the exact same situation as demopeng, in fact, I'm the one who asked the question on post 18 that he is refering to about the price to which you replied it would be «regular pricing». That's why I did not rush into the preorder at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    Also, is this a limited time offer, or it's going to be part of your regular products?
    If it's possible to get the same offer as demopeng, I'll buy the plates right now before it's too late.

Thank you very much

Hi Simon,
    I'm in the exact same situation as demopeng, in fact, I'm the one who asked the question on post 18 that he is refering to about the price to which you replied it would be «regular pricing». That's why I did not rush into the preorder at that time.

If it's possible to get the same offer as demopeng, I'll buy the plates right now before it's too late.

Thank you very much
    yes we can do that Gunnut, please use same Ref on the order
    we are down from 11 sets to 6 in the last few hours, from 20 sets left this morning.
    that is for the Level 4 sets.
    bbb

CGN Regular
    I just ordered the plates.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

I just ordered the plates.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
    we see the order and thank you

S&J

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    So I'm assuming very soon we shall get our plates Simon??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!