Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Get Onto Your MP and Minister Blaney NOW!

CGN Regular
    Wow! Reading that just made me feel sick..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    x2.. would love a clear cut template to use.
    x3

Wouldnt quite know how to word the letter in a political fashion
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    x3

Wouldnt quite know how to word the letter in a political fashion
    Dear Politician:

STOP ****ING WITH STUFF

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Sent!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by statixstorm View Post
    Dear Politician:

STOP ****ING WITH STUFF

Sincerely,

Everyone.
    Or better yet. Start fixing the "BROKEN THINGS", stop making work for yourselfs.

People where looking for ideas in another thread, here's what I sent out.

Honourable Steven Blaney,

Sir I write to you today from the perspective of a 32 year law enforcement officer. My entire work career has centered on the responsible enforcement of Canada's many laws and acts of parliament. As you would expect I am especially supportive of laws which impact those with criminal intent and who pose any safety risk to the residents of Canada.

Your tough on crime legislation and efforts to provide stronger legal definition for self defense incidents are big steps in the correct direction. Bill C-42 your common sense firearms regulations changes is also a first step in correcting the ineffective current Firearms Act. This act has only impacted law abiding citizens who pose no harm or threat to Canada. At the same time criminals laugh at the very thought of safe storage, safe transport, magazine capacity limitations, or any other controls on firearms ownership.

This terrible liberal legislation is further used as a legal weapon against law-abiding firearms owners by CFO's and bureaucrats within the RCMP. I know you are fully aware of the Swiss Arms/CZ858 reclassification, High River firearms seizures, failure to destroy the Federal Firearms Registry as ordered, and other measures where officials have gone against the will of Parliament.

I cannot believe how these bureaucrats operate with apparent impunity, making their own rules and regulations turning those who seek to stay within the law into criminals simply by changing the rules and interpretation of laws that elected officials passed during the legislative process.

I write today because it has come to my attention that the bureaucratic element within the RCMP has targeted firearms owners yet again with a rule change that will again instantly turn legal firearms owners into criminals. Please see below.

From Calibre facebook page

"In attending the CSSA annual general meeting we had the opportunity to follow up on the changes to Bulletin 72 with both the CSSA and Minister Blaney's office. Unfortunately we learned that Murray Smith (Manager, Specialized Firearms Support Services, Firearms Investigative and Enforcement Services

Directorate, Canadian Firearms Program, RCMP) was heard referring to this as "The Year of the Magazine" at CANSEC just days ago. Allegedly this is a reference to an ongoing effort by the RCMP to limit LAR-15, Beowulf, and similar magazines' use. It is expected that whatever changes they intend to implement in order to obtain the goal of sidelining these magazines' use will be rolled out mere weeks ahead of the upcoming election. Minister Blaneys' office and the CSSA both overheard these comments at CANSEC, are aware of the RCMP's intentions, and are working towards preventing it. We will also be filing further Access to Information requests and following up with both the CSSA and the government as the situation develops over the summer.

In short, it appears that the RCMP are working towards placing restrictions on magazine use that would prevent the use of LAR-15 and Beowulf magazines, either completely or by legally requiring those magazines only be used with LAR-15 and Beowulf rifles. When we asked "Does this mean we may not be able to use our ten round magazines in out regular AR-15" we were told that indeed, this effort by the Firearms Program would prevent us from doing that, if it comes to fruition."

Criminals simply do not care what laws or regulations are passed and only a fool would believe a magazine cap has any effect on the decision a gang member, or any other criminal might make when they take a loaded gun out into public or discharge it on our streets. Our current magazine caps which have been in place since I believe the 90's have not impacted street crime. Yet the RCMP are reportedly yet again about to target a accepted legal ruling or regulation to frustrate and harass legal gun owners.

This particular magazine capacity rule has been in effect under numerous governments both Liberal and Conservative and there have been no incidents that would warrant revisiting the legislation. If you want to address magazine restrictions remove them as they clearly do not deter criminal use. I also find the RCMP timing quite interesting in this latest incident as you are passing Bill C-42 and an election is almost upon us.

These bureaucrats must be fired or controlled! We the citizens of Canada did not elect them to make laws of their own design and choosing. Firearms owners have a right to expect their government to protect them from such arbitrary political moves from bureaucrats who are as much against the current government as they are against the citizens they were sworn to protect.

Name xxxxxxx
    Address xxxxxxxx
    Email xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by StrikerSW; 06-01-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: missed a word
    If at first you don't succeed ................... sky diving is not for you.

Who are you sending it to?

I have: Blaney, local MP, Breitkreuz, Leef... anyone else?
    Club Member: FRPC, CFB Kingston Gun Club. Director, Project Mapleseed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MysticMartin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerSW View Post
    People where looking for ideas in another thread, here's what I sent out.

Honourable Steven Blaney,

Sir I write to you today from the perspective of a 32 year law enforcement officer. My entire work career has centered on the responsible enforcement of Canada's many laws and acts of parliament. As you would expect I am especially supportive of laws which impact those with criminal intent and who pose any safety risk to the residents of Canada.

Your tough on crime legislation and efforts to provide stronger legal definition for self defense incidents are big steps in the correct direction. Bill C-42 your common sense firearms regulations changes is also a first step in correcting the ineffective current Firearms Act. This act has only impacted law abiding citizens who pose no harm or threat to Canada. At the same time criminals laugh at the very thought of safe storage, safe transport, magazine capacity limitations, or any other controls on firearms ownership.

This terrible liberal legislation is further used as a legal weapon against law-abiding firearms owners by CFO's and bureaucrats within the RCMP. I know you are fully aware of the Swiss Arms/CZ858 reclassification, High River firearms seizures, failure to destroy the Federal Firearms Registry as ordered, and other measures where officials have gone against the will of Parliament.

I cannot believe how these bureaucrats operate with apparent impunity, making their own rules and regulations turning those who seek to stay within the law into criminals simply by changing the rules and interpretation of laws that elected officials passed during the legislative process.

I write today because it has come to my attention that the bureaucratic element within the RCMP has targeted firearms owners yet again with a rule change that will again instantly turn legal firearms owners into criminals. Please see below.

From Calibre facebook page

"In attending the CSSA annual general meeting we had the opportunity to follow up on the changes to Bulletin 72 with both the CSSA and Minister Blaney's office. Unfortunately we learned that Murray Smith (Manager, Specialized Firearms Support Services, Firearms Investigative and Enforcement Services

Directorate, Canadian Firearms Program, RCMP) was heard referring to this as "The Year of the Magazine" at CANSEC just days ago. Allegedly this is a reference to an ongoing effort by the RCMP to limit LAR-15, Beowulf, and similar magazines' use. It is expected that whatever changes they intend to implement in order to obtain the goal of sidelining these magazines' use will be rolled out mere weeks ahead of the upcoming election. Minister Blaneys' office and the CSSA both overheard these comments at CANSEC, are aware of the RCMP's intentions, and are working towards preventing it. We will also be filing further Access to Information requests and following up with both the CSSA and the government as the situation develops over the summer.

In short, it appears that the RCMP are working towards placing restrictions on magazine use that would prevent the use of LAR-15 and Beowulf magazines, either completely or by legally requiring those magazines only be used with LAR-15 and Beowulf rifles. When we asked "Does this mean we may not be able to use our ten round magazines in out regular AR-15" we were told that indeed, this effort by the Firearms Program would prevent us from doing that, if it comes to fruition."

Criminals simply do care what laws or regulations are passed and only a fool would believe a magazine cap has any effect on the decision a gang member, or any other criminal might make when they take a loaded gun out into public or discharge it on our streets. Our current magazine caps which have been in place since I believe the 90's have not impacted street crime. Yet the RCMP are reportedly yet again about to target a accepted legal ruling or regulation to frustrate and harass legal gun owners.

This particular magazine capacity rule has been in effect under numerous governments both Liberal and Conservative and there have been no incidents that would warrant revisiting the legislation. If you want to address magazine restrictions remove them as they clearly do not deter criminal use. I also find the RCMP timing quite interesting in this latest incident as you are passing Bill C-42 and an election is almost upon us.

These bureaucrats must be fired or controlled! We the citizens of Canada did not elect them to make laws of their own design and choosing. Firearms owners have a right to expect their government to protect them from such arbitrary political moves from bureaucrats who are as much against the current government as they are against the citizens they were sworn to protect.

Name xxxxxxx
    Address xxxxxxxx
    Email xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Nice letter...!

CGN Regular
    Sent the following to Blaney:

Dear Minister Blaney;

I am writing to express serious concern over reports that the RCMP intend to rescind or revoke Bulletin 72 (described in detail in the link that follows):

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

My concern is that the RCMP, rather than our elected officials, appear to be planning to arbitrarily change firearms law. A number of law-abiding firearms owners purchased magazines with Bulletin 72 in mind, investing a fair bit of money in doing so.

It is my sincere hope that you, as the Public Safety Minister, rein in these unelected bureaucratic officers.

As a veteran, I am 'holding my nose' to vote Conservative this year, because I still believe that the Conservative party is the best choice to support the rights of law-abiding gun owners. However if you permit the RCMP to revoke Bulletin 72, then it becomes obvious I cannot trust the Conservatives to support gun-owners like myself, and I will have lost my last reason to support your party.

Thank you.

[name redacted on CGN]

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Maybe we should wait until there's something more than a Facebook post about something somebody overheard somewhere.
    Your absolutely right. We should sit on our collective asses and be reactive instead of proactive. It has worked well for us in the past.