Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Get Onto Your MP and Minister Blaney NOW!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    Why are we letter writing about them going after 10 round LAR magazines and .50 Beowulf magazines and not letter writing about magazine capacity in general? Why are we not using our time to try to get the stupid 5 round and 10 round limit eliminated as opposed to trying to keep these particular magazines?

Why don't we say "we've had 10 round LAR magazines and 15 round .50 Beowulf magazines for years and not one of us has massacred a bunch of babies at the mall. Can we all not agree magazine capacities like 5 rounds for rifle and 10 rounds for pistol do absolutely NOTHING to enhance public safety? As evidenced by the aforementioned magazines why don't we use logic and allow full manufacturer capacity magazines for rifles and pistols that are already severely restricted to where/when we can use them in our Country".

Just saying I'd rather buy a $25 full 30 round PMag than a $75 .50 Beowulf magazine.
    I agree.

We are begging to keep our severely diminished rights instead of using common sense to gain back our freedoms.

Everyone knows these limits are in no way tied to reducing crimes and are completely about controlling us as law abiding citizens.

Things need to change, the RCMP need to be reigned in and our former rights restored.

I for one don't have any guns that use these mags but believe me I'm plenty upset that my guns are limited to 5 rounds.

It's time for change.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

BANNED
    While yes, you are right, I think this 'level' of action is what we have to work with. This is about a specific magazine that most of the guys can recognize/appreciate. There is a change in wording that can be shown directly for everyone to see, there is something concrete and specific, and there is a specific person to be addressed about this.

Something like, "fixing ridiculous mag cap laws" is simply too vague to get people to make the shift, from reading about it, to doing something about it. At least it seems to look that way to me. Same as most guys who are hesitant to donate money to a firearms org's "slush fund" are usually very willing to help out a specific person in trouble.

Or hell, let's even one-up things, and stop buying into the anti's game altogether! The reason those laws are there, has nothing to do with "public safety," never has! Time to stop trying to prove, what was never the issue in the first place. Since this was never about "public safety" to begin with, let's start calling it what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    Why are we letter writing about them going after 10 round LAR magazines and .50 Beowulf magazines and not letter writing about magazine capacity in general? Why are we not using our time to try to get the stupid 5 round and 10 round limit eliminated as opposed to trying to keep these particular magazines?

Why don't we say "we've had 10 round LAR magazines and 15 round .50 Beowulf magazines for years and not one of us has massacred a bunch of babies at the mall. Can we all not agree magazine capacities like 5 rounds for rifle and 10 rounds for pistol do absolutely NOTHING to enhance public safety? As evidenced by the aforementioned magazines why don't we use logic and allow full manufacturer capacity magazines for rifles and pistols that are already severely restricted to where/when we can use them in our Country".

Just saying I'd rather buy a $25 full 30 round PMag than a $75 .50 Beowulf magazine.

my letter to long maybe? anyone read it on post #55?

BANNED
    Yep, did a bit back. Sounded great. Kinda made mine feel like weak sauce really. I just kind of grunted my way through half a paragraph..kinda want a do-over now
    Quote Originally Posted by 223762 View Post
    my letter to long maybe? anyone read it on post #55?

thanks coonT.

CGN frequent flyer
    I'll be contacting mine as well - but the Beowulf mags were the straw that broke the camels back. Kinda saw this coming.

That being said - the law is clear A
    and the RCMP shouldn't be able to just change it at will.

SENT !!

e-mail AND paper version

Sent to multiple MPs and PMO office

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manic29 View Post
    I'm going to say that this "closing of the loophole" is a good thing, in that we can use it to get rid of mag limits altogether. That is what the message should be to the CPC.

Nice thought. If the timing was different, as in not now, months away from a federal election, this might be the case. Since there is neither time or a will to expend the political capital this close to the election....I think the best we can hope for is a tougher regulation on the CFO god powers to also contain a slap down to the RCMP.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

As a former Law Enforcement Officer, I salute you my friend! Very well said! Time to stand up, and be heard, and counted.