Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the RCMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    That's a 3-5 year wait if their trend holds, requiring an Access to Information request that is denied in every aspect. Great plan.
    No 3-5 year wait on that answer. Actually took less than 2 hours and we have a quote of him stating that the 'Government sets the regulations'.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    So I just spoke to the guy. He was pretty straightforward:

He admits that he made the comment, but says it was taken out of context. His words were essentially that the RCMP enforces the regulations as made by the Minister of Public Safety and he referred me to Blaney's office for any pending changes. He said that they deal with magazines in a regulatory and law enforcement capacity every day. He would not comment on whether the RCMP has any initiatives regarding changes to the regulations, but he reiterated that the government sets the regulations.

Straight from the proverbial horse's mouth. But that's far less exciting than Swiss Arms II.

FF
    Nice work FF!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    When the police tell you something is legal, then change their minds and attempt to prosecute you for doing what they told you was legal... that is the definition of entrapment. Just saying.

They are opening themselves up to a few lawsuits with this one. Keep your old copies of the bulletin as reference.
    The RCMP don't care about lawsuits. They are not personally liable and have unlimited legal representation. Unless officers were somehow made personally responsible/liable they have nothing to lose. They fully know most Canadians can't afford a legal battle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by linderhof View Post
    The RCMP don't care about lawsuits. They are not personally liable and have unlimited legal representation. Unless officers were somehow made personally responsible/liable they have nothing to lose. They fully know most Canadians can't afford a legal battle with them.
    I fought the law and the law won !!!
    Keep Canada Tactical

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Is there any kind of official statement saying these are still ok since I had saved the link to my phone and always just referred to that. It would be great to have something in writing like the example that used to be on the website.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    No 3-5 year wait on that answer. Actually took less than 2 hours and we have a quote of him stating that the 'Government sets the regulations'.
    ... and likely signs off on things like firearm reclassifications.

The claim that the RCMP unilaterally reclassified guns in a vacuum without the knowledge or approval of the Minister of Public Safety never passed the smell test for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    The silent black helicopters are slowly circling your house right now. The RCMP will initiate another flood so they can go in and grab your guns. Better use commercial grade tinfoil for your hat. I heard Alcon is in league with the feds, reducing the aluminum content of regular foil to make it less effective.

FF
    Hey ff, do you really think the rcmp flip-flopping on their interpretation of magazine capacity laws is far fetched? Of course you must be aware that they recently did something similar with antique firearms. But you probably know all about that, being so clever and having all that spare time on your hands.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    I for one do not believe for a second the RCMP staffer was misunderstood. He was called out for speaking "out of school" and is purely on damage control.

Even if this was a false alarm, and I do not believe it was; this still shows the powers that be, that we are watching and will not hesitate to call them out and call attention to our issues.

The RCMP involved are not our enemies, but they are not our friends either. They have their own agendas that they want to push and this is irrespective of any position we may hold.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Now, with egg on their face (of their own making) you can bet they'll go to Plan B. They don't have only one nasty thing in mind. Bet on it.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    They have told a friend of mine they need more firepower because everyone owns an sks. Now you can get pistol mags in an sks. Some really think gun owners are a threat and should not have any guns. Others shoot ipsc and idpa with us. Go figure