Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 313151617181920212223242526272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the RCMP!

my letter has been sent .

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Safe storage is code for no self-defense. That's a Liberal social deconstruct.
    You nailed it. Every once in a while you get something right.

C68 is designed and administered as a graduated civilian disarmament program. It's still there, the unelected bureaucrats are still controlling it, and anti-firearms groups are still advising and directing the bureaucrats.

Sent mine today...
    Dear Honourable Steven Blaney:

I am writing you as a concerned citizen and faithful supporter of the Conservative Party of Canada. I have heard rumors that the RCMP, specifically Murray Smith of the Canadian Firearms Program, is planning on creating restrictions on the use of pistol magazines in rifles. These magazines are widespread in Canada, and have been used by law abiding firearms enthusiasts in competitions and in general…to my knowledge without any issues. Let’s be perfectly honest here…if the intention of a criminal was to increase the capacity of his rifle to commit crime, why the heck would he care what the RCMP thought and be concerned about using Beowulf or LAR-15 magazines instead of the ones that are 30 rounds and pinned to 5 rounds? The truth is a criminal would either just use a prohibited 30 round magazine, or drill the pin out of one. The only people who will be impacted by the proposed legislation are those of us who are law abiding and actually care about staying within the right side of the law!

I wish that the RCMP would stick to enforcing the law instead of being overzealous and creating them. In fact, with the desperate need for additional law enforcement resources in many municipalities across Canada, wouldn’t it be more accountable to the tax payers of Canada to reallocate those RCMP resources to boots on the ground where they actually SOLVE real crimes instead of pushing paper and creating criminals out of decent people?

Thank you for your time.

Letters and faxes and E-Mail sent to Steven Blaney

Quote Originally Posted by Allstone View Post
    Sent mine today...
    That is excellent. Well written, brief, and hit some of the most vital points. Good stuff.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Someone who freely calls 'officials' and can cite the exact number of gun owners screwed over by said 'official' is the last person we should listen to.
    I had to look all the way back to the original #1 post to refresh my memory how this discussion started. We can strap on our tinfoil hats all we like but the first post contained zero facts that we can go on. Someone found out that someone overheard someone say something, that allegedly meant something that was in the writers opinion. Not exactly the fact filled report I would get all exited about.

There might be some truth to it, but it could also mean a lot of other things, such as this year there will be more magazines coming in than ever before that allow a higher capacity of ammunition than previously. Who really knows other than the person who made the statement? I am not defending the people at the lab, but J.R.Cox is the last person in this country I would listen to. Just my personal opinion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Balance your forgiving stance to the fact that these bureaucrats (like CFOs) meet with the expressed intent to do us over. That's why they are being 'regulated' under C-42. This kind of crap didn't come out of the blue, out of people's imagination.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I'm not saying it's a fact, and it is true that this source is has been guilty of really bad judgement in the past. We can forgive but we don't need to forget just yet.

OTOH we should never let our guard down. The gun control machine is still very alive and actively attempts to influence government and especially the bureaucrats on a daily basis. Send the letters - because even if it's not a real threat it's still good to let Blainey and Harper know we haven't left the dance floor yet.
    Last edited by jethunter; 06-06-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Not at all. I acknowledged my role, sincerely apologized, worked with government and associations to turn a bad situation into something positive. I put a lot of time and money into it as well.

For this and my other works in the community, the CSSA gave me an honorary life membership. I'm not just a business member, but a contributor to our community.

I have never white washed my role as others have (such as the RCMP FRT folks) . Somethings you cannot take back. We all make mistakes. The mistake should not be what defines the person, but what they do after the mistake to fix it. This is my philosophy and the approach I have taken in life. It is also how I treat others and would hope at sometime, others would treat me.

Please keep this on topic.

JR
    I absolutely can respect your post and acknowledge the work you are doing to right the wrongs being heaped upon the firearms community. It is written that wise people seek solutions where ignorant people only cast blame (Tao). We must stand together and take whatever steps we must as a group, making it clear we are not going to take this bs any longer.
    If at first you don't succeed ................... sky diving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerSW View Post
    I absolutely can respect your post and acknowledge the work you are doing to right the wrongs being heaped upon the firearms community. It is written that wise people seek solutions where ignorant people only cast blame (Tao). We must stand together and take whatever steps we must as a group, making it clear we are not going to take this bs any longer.

We can forgive but that doesn't mean we need to accept someone back with open arms simply because he says he's sorry. Some times there's a debt to society that needs to be paid, and that takes time. Let him apply for parole in about 5 years.