Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator intelligence ?

On the surface the letter may seem as the senseless ramblings of a senile old woman, but perhaps it's her way of advocating for a different approach to security.
    Having visible, heavily armed uniformed officers present is a deterrent to the casual, spontaneous doer of evil or highjinks, but it's also an admission that there's a problem or threat that the powers that be have failed to foil.

Perhaps moving to a less visible, yet effective security force would be more appropriate?

Guards disguised as bushes or hiding in trash cans would be there in an instant should trouble visit the hill.
    The lack of visible force would lull all who visit parliament into the comfortable idea that Ottawa is so safe they don't even have security.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

BANNED
    I have no words... W T F

BANNED
    she's a female Parti Quebecois liberal libtard,,,,that's what wrong with her,,,and are affraid of ANYTHING that's not quebecois,,LOL..i'm sure her letter will go far,,LOL...like right in the trash,,,stupid libtard..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Security that relies on firepower has proven to be ineffective, and millions of Americans have paid the price for this false assumption with their lives.

I remind you of the incident of October 22, when the intruder—not a terrorist—was shot by Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers, in full view of the many RCMP officers stationed on the Hill.

I would ask that you stop endorsing violence by having heavily armed police officers on site at all times.
    I think my IQ just dropped drastically... these 3 lines... when has armed security ever cost someone who is not committing a crime or atrocity their life? What are these false assumptions mentioned? Maybe I'm not reading into this enough...

CGN Regular

What.....a.....tool.

I would like to see decisions affecting Hill security being made based on scientific proof and remaining within the limits of the powers granted to you.
    She is still alive today and no body else in the House of Common was killed seems like a pretty scientific proof to me.

CGN frequent flyer Northern Amateur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    I take he is volunteering to be the "unarmed first line of defense ". Give him a yellow vest with "security" written on it and station him at the door where the original unarmed guard got shot.
    I agree. Armed intruder on the hill, push her out to engage them. "No matter what, the first victims of an attack will probably be police officers, because people who wish to do harm do not give advance notice. " So the police are just 'fodder' then!
    I find that comment exceedingly offensive and frankly, she should be removed from office immediately!!!!!!

BANNED
    Senator....keep sleeping,it will pass!!!!
    Last edited by caribico; 06-03-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Amateur View Post
    I agree. Armed intruder on the hill, push her out to engage them. "No matter what, the first victims of an attack will probably be police officers, because people who wish to do harm do not give advance notice. " So the police are just 'fodder' then!
    I find that comment exceedingly offensive and frankly, she should be removed from office immediately!!!!!!
    ^^^^This

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast