Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beowulf mags officially not coming?

CGN frequent flyer
    Hey Boossted, why don't you stop the fear mongering and go look at the what is in the Firearm Politics discussion.

This whole issue would probably have gone unnoticed if people on this board would have not exploded about this...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fhg1893's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Champagne View Post
    Ok. So now what, when I go to the range tonight and see the regulars who all have lots 10+ beowolf mags should I say anything? If they are not approved them these people are risking there license and all there firearms with possession of a prohibited item. And these are good honest people with lots of time and money invested into the sport...what about the 20 LAR mags I have?
    He's wrong to begin with. Blaney has reportedly said;

“Our Conservative Government is committed to safe and sensible firearms policies. The regulations governing firearms magazines are clear - the maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. No changes have been made to those regulations, none are currently planned, and none will be made that negatively impact the property rights of law-abiding gun owners”
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post11451114
    Mandatory retirement for Senator Celine "crazy-pants" Hervieux-Payette: TODAY April 22, 2016 - SHE IS FINISHED TODAY! ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN frequent flyer
    That's the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    This isn't the reason. These particular mags ended up not being approved for Canada, were were told they were when we posted the pre sale, so we are cancelling the pre orders.
    Chemist, would you mind telling us the approval steps for importing mags into Canada? Permits and such? While you obviously cannot import prohibited devices, the RCMP website has this tidbit to say: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...porter-eng.htm

Authorizations to Import

Currently, an import authorization under Canadian law for firearms or firearm parts that are not prohibited is not required. More information on whether one is required by the laws of the country from where the firearm is being exported is available by contacting DFAIT or the country’s embassy in Canada.

So if I understand the problem, you pointed the RCMP at a specific model of magazine, asked "is it prohibited" and they said that it was? Even though those magazines from C-Product Defense are being marketed specifically for the .50 Beowulf ammunition and are pinned to 5.5 rounds?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering if the RCMP didn't hoodwink you. Would you be willing to post the actual document they sent you?

Thanks!

Yes, please elaborate Ryan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawfr View Post
    Chemist, would you mind telling us the approval steps for importing mags into Canada? Permits and such? While you obviously cannot import prohibited devices, the RCMP website has this tidbit to say: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...porter-eng.htm
    Authorizations to Import

Currently, an import authorization under Canadian law for firearms or firearm parts that are not prohibited is not required. More information on whether one is required by the laws of the country from where the firearm is being exported is available by contacting DFAIT or the country’s embassy in Canada.

So if I understand the problem, you pointed the RCMP at a specific model of magazine, asked "is it prohibited" and they said that it was? Even though those magazines from C-Product Defense are being marketed specifically for the .50 Beowulf ammunition and are pinned to 5.5 rounds?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering if the RCMP didn't hoodwink you. Would you be willing to post the actual document they sent you?

Thanks!
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

I believe that it is not necessarily an approval but a validation. With the large number of different magazines that have been imported, manufactured, modified etc. and the fact that the RCMP has declared some magazines "dual-use", most importers are sending examples along with a explanation to the RCMP to allow them to decide how they would classify the items.

It would be more along the lines of, can you please confirm that this is a non=prohibited item, more than approve.

But that is just my take.

Quite possible the exporter couldn't get an export permit from the US.
    Think GREEN Please save the planet, it is the only one with beer.

CSSA AND CCFR MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Champagne View Post
    That being said what happens to the ones that made it to the end user? Are they now in possession of a prohibited item?
    The ones were we're going to bring may be fine, they may not be. As I have no confirmation saying that they are, I am not bringing them in.

Some of the others may be fine, I have no idea, I was not involved in the import of them.

Ryan

Yes, that just came out today. excellent news.

Quote Originally Posted by fhg1893 View Post
    He's wrong to begin with. Blaney has reportedly said;

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post11451114

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    The ones were we're going to bring may be fine, they may not be. As I have no confirmation saying that they are, I am not bringing them in.

Some of the others may be fine, I have no idea, I was not involved in the import of them.

Ryan
    The plot thickens... I'll give Ryan time to check with the person that WAS involved in importing the mags. But right now, it sounds as if the RCMP just didn't give an answer they had no reason to provide in the first place ("Currently, an import authorization under Canadian law for firearms or firearm parts that are not prohibited is not required." and that was sufficient to spook the business into shying off?

Interesting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast