Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beowulf mags officially not coming?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawfr View Post
    The reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering if the RCMP didn't hoodwink you. Would you be willing to post the actual document they sent you?

Thanks!
    If you read the other retailers who also cancelled their preorders, you will learn that the shippment that did not arrive was a Distributors large order who supplies these individual retailers. Those who have been already selling the same mags have imported them on their own and likely not sought RCMP approval like this large distributor did or they would have gotten the same answer as the Distributor did.

It could even be a case of the sheer size of the distributors order caught RCMP attention and the other smaller ones flew in under the radar. In any case, nobody has posted any correspondence with the RCMP-SFSS other than Armtac and that email says they have not seen any 50 Beowulf mags that are not prohibited.
    Last edited by Brian46; 06-03-2015 at 06:04 PM.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawfr View Post
    The plot thickens... I'll give Ryan time to check with the person that WAS involved in importing the mags. But right now, it sounds as if the RCMP just didn't give an answer they had no reason to provide in the first place ("Currently, an import authorization under Canadian law for firearms or firearm parts that are not prohibited is not required." and that was sufficient to spook the business into shying off?

Interesting.
    same with non restricted rifles, if it meets the requirement it is legal for sale, however the RCMP will not allow the sale until they have been inspected and given an FRT#.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    Hey Boossted, why don't you stop the fear mongering and go look at the what is in the Firearm Politics discussion.

This whole issue would probably have gone unnoticed if people on this board would have not exploded about this...
    Call it what you want... I call it covering my ass. These mags are bad news. If you can't understand that, I can't explain it to you

I'm locking this before it goes crazy in here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123