Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BACK IN STOCK: Warthog Knife Sharpeners

I have been using a Warthog sharpener for any years, mine you have to remove rods to change angles a little slow, this new one would be much faster
    I ordered the 600 & 800 grit diamonds and can put on a razor sharp edge. Good product
    manitou

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou210 View Post
    I have been using a Warthog sharpener for any years, mine you have to remove rods to change angles a little slow, this new one would be much faster
    I ordered the 600 & 800 grit diamonds and can put on a razor sharp edge. Good product
    manitou
    Thanks for the feedback, I agree the older model requires a lot more time to change the stones. These ones they just pop out and flip around, takes no more than a few seconds. I'm really impressed with how good of a job it does.

Price is bit steep compared to what I bought mine for, but It's worth every penny. The initial sharpening to establish the correct bevel takes a bit of time. After though, maintaining the edge is fast. I set all my blades to a 25°.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

CGN Regular
    Got mine Monday.
    Had a little credit card issue on the order (my fault, put the wrong expiry date in the form).
    The boys at ATRS were on the ball and got me pointed in the right direction ASAP.

Sharpened my EDC folding blade knife that night.
    THIS THING IS AWESOME.

As was mentioned, initial sharpening takes some time, but it sure is worth it. Beautiful edge, so easy to work a child could do it.

Thanks guys, first sharpening system I've used that actually seems to be an improvement over a nice set of stones.

Just to give everybody a heads up, we still have a couple of these remaining, simply a fantastic sharpener! You can find them HERE

We are now sold out of Black, but we do have a couple left in silver!

I have one and really didn't care for it, back to stones is where I went. If you're looking to put a quick edge on, this will do the trick.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I have one and really didn't care for it, back to stones is where I went. If you're looking to put a quick edge on, this will do the trick.
    Hmm, you're the first person I've heard that from. For a collection, I agree that stones make one feel more 'involved', but with how much cardboard and tape my primary knife meets on a daily basis, the convenience of being able to sharpen it back to a razor edge in 30 seconds is unsurpassed. Would you care to elaborate on what you disliked?

Black and Silver back in stock.

Orders can be placed HERE

And we have more Warthog sharpeners back in stock, this time we also have some Curve models!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast