Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: XMetal Targets Canadian made premium Steel Targets + CGN Exclusive Special offer

I was waiting for the special also but it never came
    I am looking for a dueling tree for our pistol range and I am hoping they have some promotional stuff to add in so we can advertise for a Canadian company!

Any videos of the tree or hostage plate in action? I will gladly send you some duels once I get ours.
    Last edited by minniehill2; 07-01-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: darn spelling!
    Member of CSSA, NFA, OFSC, EGAH
    All brass proceeds support club functions (take a kid fishing derby)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by minniehill2 View Post
    I am looking for a dueling tree for our pistol range and I am hoping they have some promotional stuff to add in so we can advertise for a Canadian company!

Any videos of the tree or hostage plate in action? I will gladly send you some duels once I get ours.
    For the special, do you mean this thread? http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ith-promo-code

I placed an order with u guys roughly 2 weeks ago. #3600. could u pm me when u get a chance with the shipping details and such!

Expired Business Member

Hi,
    We are sorry that you did not see our Canada Week Promo on our other thread. Fortunately, it is still active until july 4th 11:59 pm, the promo code is CANADAWEEK10 to get a 10% discount on your order.
    Thank you

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER_1072 View Post
    I placed an order with u guys roughly 2 weeks ago. #3600. could u pm me when u get a chance with the shipping details and such!
    We've sent you a PM with more info.

Expired Business Member

We are working on bringing new videos every week from now so you'll be able to see most of our product in action. We've just released the introduction video of our Rimfire lineup where you can see the same patented UTLS (Universal Target Lockin System) in action but in a smaller version. Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjShMKIKEwc

What is an offset gong ? I see no holes for hanging a plate .

Excellent targets!

Two suggestions.

Make round holes in steel gongs, more resistant to cracking under heavy use.
    And set them in little deeper- further away from the edge.
    I know, I cracked it... with a little help from my ex- friends.

Please have an option to order heavy gongs made from AR 500 in 1/2 inch thickness, as well.
    I managed to put holes in 3/8 inch gongs more than once with centerfire rifles.

Cheers,
    Dan

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    What is an offset gong ? I see no holes for hanging a plate .
    Hi,
    Offset gongs are round plates from 6 to 24'' similar to Standard Gogs but rather than have holes on the faceplate, they have small brackets welded to the back. This way we kill two birds with one stone by preventing the chain and shackle from being hit accidentally or sprayed by splaters and the brackets are strategicly placed to give the plate a downward angle that further dissipate the force of the impact.

Here's a quick rendering of the 12 inch Offset gong where you can see the brackets Name:  12 inch Offset Gong.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  10.9 KB

We know that the pictures on the web site for the Offset gongs do not explain very well and we will post better pictures very soon.

Thanks for your comment

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    Excellent targets!

Two suggestions.

Make round holes in steel gongs, more resistant to cracking under heavy use.
    And set them in little deeper- further away from the edge.
    I know, I cracked it... with a little help from my ex- friends.

Please have an option to order heavy gongs made from AR 500 in 1/2 inch thickness, as well.
    I managed to put holes in 3/8 inch gongs more than once with centerfire rifles.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Hi Dan,
    Thank you for your suggestions it is always appreciated to have feedback from our customers. We are working on our 1/2'' lineup as we speak and the 1/2'' gongs will probably be up on the website by the end of the week if everything goes according to plan. As for the Standard Gongs, you are actually right about the round holes that are more resistant to cracking because there are no sharp angles.

Over the course of the testing process we did numerous version (six revisions to be precise) of our Standard gongs to see the compromises that we could make between toughness and safety. Generally speaking, what you want from a gong is a simple steel plate to shoot at that is most of the time hung by shackles and chains. The problem is that because of this usual setup, splatters could often hit the shackles and have an uncontrollable direction and this is a safety hazard that we wanted to be able to prevent. By using square holes that are meant to be used with carriage bolts, the users can hide the shackle/nut/chain link used to install your gong behind the plate and what is left on the plate itself is only the rounded top of the carriage bolt.

To help relieve some of the stress created with using square holes what we have done is to bring the holes further in without comprimising the impact zone, we've also rounded the edges around the holes leaving more steel in the critical area and we made the square holes with the biggest radius we could. But as you pointed out, under heavy use, the gongs will eventually crack like every gong will at some point. What we have found with our tests is that the durability difference was very limited and we made de decision to offer safer steel and prices that are reasonnable so people wont take chances and keep using worn out plates.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234