Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random act of cancelling my order

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar

Random act of cancelling my order

EDIT: Notwithstanding the hurt feelings of several poor souls who have posted below, this is not a "complaint"; it is a question, as you can see, if you read it. I think it's a legitimate question, and in dealing with a company doing most of its business on the internet, probably most of it through CGN, I happen to think this is a legitimate place to ask that question. And no, it didn't take me longer to copy and paste these two emails than it would have to phone them.

So I placed an order on May 26, filling in my credit card and shipping info. I received an email as follows:

Canada Ammo Order #3989xxx Receipt‏
    Thanks for ordering from Canada Ammo
    Thank you for your order.

Most orders ship within 2-3 business days of processing your order and depending on your location most items should be received within 5 business days from time of shipping. Products that were transferred through the CFC and have been approved are generally shipped within 2 business days of receipt of approval. We receive approvals from the CFC by email, mail and fax, we also call in to the CFC every 2 days to check on transfers in case paperwork was missed being sent or to resolve any issues. If there are any issues, we will generally email you unless the CFC tells us that they are contacting you directly.

Orders are normally processed within 1-2 business days from the time of ordering though we are always working on shortening that delay of time. Some delays apply for transfer through the CFC for firearms from us to you. Some very infrequent delays may occur; for example if your order is large enough, we may arrange a truck for delivery which takes a bit of extra time or sometimes the product may be way back in behind other product in the warehouse and we may have to move everything to get to it, as much as we try to be prepared, it unfortunately does happen.

Please note that all orders, because of our industry, have to be manually processed, as credit card processors consider us a "High-Risk" industry. This takes more time compared to other on-line retailers for other commercial goods.

You will receive an email with status updates for your order every time there is a status change. If you need to see the status update of your order, you can login to Canadaammo.com to check the status. We make every effort to ship your order within 3 days of receiving the order. In the case of restricted firearms, we ship within 3 days of receiving the CFC transfer approval. In order for us to initiate a restricted transfer, we need both your club name and birth city. If an order has not shipped within 10 business days of the time you placed the order, please feel free to contact us.
    Products Ordered

5-20 DA Mag Magazine 5/20 round for AR-15 $19.99 2 $39.98

Shipping $25.00
    Subtotal $64.98
    PST $4.55
    GST $3.25
    Total $72.78
    Then I never heard anything until today when I got this email.

Order #3989xxx Status Update‏

This order has either been cancelled

* As per customer request

* Because payment was not received within 7 days of original order date

OR

* Because we have not received correct PAL info from customer within 7 days of email notification

Products Ordered

Magazine 5/20 round for AR-15 19.99 2 -- $39.98

Shipping $25.00
    Subtotal $64.98
    PST $4.55
    GST $3.25
    Total $72.78
    Okay, so (a) I certainly did not request the order to be cancelled, (b) I paid at the time I made the order (gave you all my credit card info and shipping and billing addresses), and never heard anything from you that the payment did not go through or that I needed to pay again or that I made a mistake entering my info (I didn't receive any emails in between), and (c) you don't need my PAL to send me two magazines.

So what's the deal?
    Last edited by OccasionallyOnTarget; 06-05-2015 at 12:35 PM.

This definitely seems like an email/phone call issue.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OccasionallyOnTarget View Post
    So I placed an order on May 26, filling in my credit card and shipping info. I received an email as follows:

Then I never heard anything until today when I got this email.

Okay, so (a) I certainly did not request the order to be cancelled, (b) I paid at the time I made the order (gave you all my credit card info and shipping and billing addresses), and never heard anything from you that the payment did not go through or that I needed to pay again or that I made a mistake entering my info (I didn't receive any emails in between), and (c) you don't need my PAL to send me two magazines.

So what's the deal?
    Stop whining. CanAM is a great company. Call and ask what's up. The mere fact that you typed all that out for the world to see is ridiculous.

I have bought lots from canadaammo over the last few years. This happened to me once and was fixed with a quick email. It seemed to have been a glitch in the system for some reason it went through as my order being paid for by EMT and when they didn't receive payment in 7 days it was cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    This definitely seems like an email/phone call issue.
    indeed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Yup same thing happened to me twice. Another ghost in the machine ( their new web sight) Arrr!! Frustrating as he double hockey sticks! Not that it matters or will change anything, but god! I miss there old sight! Seems like they get one glitch ironed out and another something or other emerges. Have allways had good to great service with them. Love their products , just trying to order has been a nuisance. Trying to have faith that one day( soon!!) Their sight will function as it should for ALL !!!!users .

IBTL. too lazy to call, but not to start a thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    I think the issue here is paying almost $73 dollars for 2 AR nags. I'll sell you some for $50 shipped.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

So what's the deal?

I'm sure you could easily have found out what the deal was with a simple phone call or email. Probably could have figured out what the deal was quicker with a phone call then it took you to start this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Stop whining. CanAM is a great company. Call and ask what's up. The mere fact that you typed all that out for the world to see is ridiculous.
    Haha, yep

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast