Thread: Need a good Thunderbolt holster

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Need a good Thunderbolt holster

I just received my stainless 9mm Thunderbolt and like the other SAMs I've bought the quality is exceptionally good for the price. Excellent finish (almost too nice, getting close to pimp gun levels), extremely tight fit with some nice touches like extended controls and front and backstrap checkering.

I asked this question a month or so back and got a couple suggestions but am hoping since some time has passed that a few more people have had some luck finding suitable holsters for their Thunderbolts. I don't want one with provision for a light and since this will be used for competition I don't want a level 2 or higher retention system.

Any suggestions as to what has worked and what hasn't. My Blackhawk sport model that is supposed to accommodate a 5" 1911 with rail does not so that one is out. Wolverine, any suggestions?

Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    I used my Bladetech railed 1911 holster. The rail was just a little too long. Few seconds with a heat gun, shove the pistol in and PRESTO.

Gotta love kydex!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    I used my Bladetech railed 1911 holster. The rail was just a little too long. Few seconds with a heat gun, shove the pistol in and PRESTO.

Gotta love kydex!
    Thanks for the tip. Might be the route I have to go.