Thread: How do you know if you can shoot on public land

How do you know if you can shoot on public land

This is my first post. I have recently bought a Mosin Nagnant 7.62x54r and I can't find any outdoor ranges near Montreal, Quebec. Forget any indoor, no military or FMJ ammunition allowed.
    I was thinking of shooting in Ile-Perrot Quebec in the woods and old rock quarry. If I remember correctly I have to be 300 meters clear of all building in all directions

The place I want to go to is an abandoned rock quarry but how do I know if this is legal? I just want to target shoot and test my new Mosin?

Maybe try to contact the city hall to verify the status of the property. A defunct rock quarry would be great as a public shooting place, as long as it was left clean. Maybe I can help as I live on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt_made_men_Equal View Post
    This is my first post. I have recently bought a Mosin Nagnant 7.62x54r and I can't find any outdoor ranges near Montreal, Quebec. Forget any indoor, no military or FMJ ammunition allowed.
    I was thinking of shooting in Ile-Perrot Quebec in the woods and old rock quarry. If I remember correctly I have to be 300 meters clear of all building in all directions

The place I want to go to is an abandoned rock quarry but how do I know if this is legal? I just want to target shoot and test my new Mosin?
    Make sure discharging a fire arm is not against municipal regulations also.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Check municipal regs, and source a crown land map.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

You could also try Club de tir l'Acadie: http://www.pecheursetchasseursmontreal.com/
    It looks like they do allow military and steel core ammunition.
    NFA Canada Member

I also live in Montreal. I have the same questions that you do.....not sure where to shoot outdoors other than at range. Only place I really know that is safe and legal.

I always end up shooting at the range.

I am a member at
    Ruisseau Noir (outdooors, max 200 yrds)
    http://www.ruisseau-noir.ca/
    Good range. Fun to shoot rifle. Not too expensive. Its outside so when its cold (its cold) and when its warm (its warm). Installations are ok. Would like to shoot farther than 200 yrds though.

and CRAFM (indoor range, max 50 yrds)
    http://www.crafm.com/
    This one is a great indoor range. Its not cheap to become a member. But fun to shoot especially pistol all year round. Staff are very friendly.

I've been facing the issue of trying to sort out where else can I go around here, Where do others go to get access to crown land maps for your area?
    Member of CSSA & CFFR

BANNED
    Any abandoned rock quarry will be owned by somebody. Usually a construction company. And usually posted as no trespassing.
    300 meters isn't enough. You need to know exactly who and what is behind you back stop out to several kilometers.
    Less fuss to join a club.
    Crown land locations can be had at The Queen's Printer(top maps), your Provincial MNR, Fish and Game or whatever it's called where you are.

Thanks, I'll let you know about Ile-Perrot and surrounding area. We used to go to LouiseBurg on the way to Drummondvilel but that a bit to far from LaSalle

Same question here, did you guys find some places near Montreal? I saw some hunters near Parc régional de la Forêt Ouareau. Looks like we can have some fun there:
    http://www.parcsregionaux.org/parcs-...ivites/chasse/