Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about PAL/RPAL application.

Quote Originally Posted by x DeathRattle x View Post
    Yes that's what I thought to, once you turn 18 the files supposed to be sealed, and not used against you. I've gone through the U.S. border and they have never said anything to me about it. But on the pal application they ask if you've been charged as a youth or an adult. Which sounds like they have access to youth files...
    im not going to lie if they ask but does anyone know if they can deny for youth charges?
    I can't stress this enough....the RCMP, Police, CSIS, and other law enforcement agencies can see this on your record for life. It's just when you turn 18, the information is essentially sealed from the public, etc. so it doesn't affect you when applying for jobs, etc. Even the border patrol can see your history as a friend of mine who had a run in with the law at 16 was questioned about it when entering the states at the age of 22. He has had no other run ins with the law.

My advice to OP is to call and explain to them the situation. Sure there is a chance it will go through if you don't say anything but you stand the risk of getting denied for not being truthful on your application. It will be a difficult argument for you to say that you forgot how long it had been since your offense as most people would likely make sure of the dates before applying for a PAL.

Either way, good luck OP!

Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    your best hope is to call and sort it out prior to the them seeing your application. There are times they will flat out refuse the application without calling you or references. I also doubt you were only charged with what you were charged with, they would have nailed you for everything your friends did to the cars if you had been present. I ####ing hate little pissants who break into other peoples things.
    I did get charged for everything they did, I got charged with theft, which is all that happened, and on top of that they gave me a bogus charge for the box cutter, which I don't think is a prohibited weapon, but anyways, thanks for the advice guys, I'll call in sometime next week and see what happens.

I did get charged for everything they did, I got charged with theft, which is all that happened, and on top of that they gave me a bogus charge for the box cutter, which I don't think is a prohibited weapon, but anyways, thanks for the advice guys, I'll call in sometime next week and see what happens.
    It's because they considered it concealed. it's the same if you get caught with a folding knife in your pocket without having it clipped to your pocket.

So....I finally got approved. I think it was about 300 days. And the people who said that they can see everything are right, they read my record back as far as 13 years old when I got in a fist fight with one of my friends over playing grounders. I had a phone interview with a firearms officer today, asking me loads of questions about my past. It took him all this time to read carefully over every detail of every time I was involved with the cops, even minor things like noise complaints that the police put on record they read over. He said nothing on my record can hold be back from being approved but let me know that with my record the way it is, if I get into any sort of trouble(literally pretty much ANYTHING) they will suspend my license. But I'm happy I'm finally approved..it's been so long I'm going to read over my rpal and pal books again. Thanks to those that wished me luck on here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltseries70 View Post
    With all due respect, conviction for weapons dangerous, I would hope you do not get a pal.
    Really ! X-Acto Knife .

Quote Originally Posted by coltseries70 View Post
    With all due respect, conviction for weapons dangerous, I would hope you do not get a pal.
    Really, you think hes that bad a guy? Sounds like he made a few bad decisions when he was kid.
    - Insert Witty One Liner Here -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    So....I finally got approved. I think it was about 300 days. And the people who said that they can see everything are right, they read my record back as far as 13 years old when I got in a fist fight with one of my friends over playing grounders. I had a phone interview with a firearms officer today, asking me loads of questions about my past. It took him all this time to read carefully over every detail of every time I was involved with the cops, even minor things like noise complaints that the police put on record they read over. He said nothing on my record can hold be back from being approved but let me know that with my record the way it is, if I get into any sort of trouble(literally pretty much ANYTHING) they will suspend my license. But I'm happy I'm finally approved..it's been so long I'm going to read over my rpal and pal books again. Thanks to those that wished me luck on here.
    Good for you that it was approved. Now,get a lawyer and apply for a pardon. It'll take a hell of a long time and some money,but,those charges will hang on you like a cheap suit if you don't,even that they were committed as a youthful offender. Good Luck.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    The Xacto knife being a prohibited device is a bit of a stretch, we used them in public school and high school.

BANNED
    damn 8 month wait. During the wait period did you try contacting the CFO to speed things up? Or just sat back and waited?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimmer 905 View Post
    Good for you that it was approved. Now,get a lawyer and apply for a pardon. It'll take a hell of a long time and some money,but,those charges will hang on you like a cheap suit if you don't,even that they were committed as a youthful offender. Good Luck.
    I thought they were not passing out pardons anymore. They're useless anyway, as,they they don't totally seal your records from everybody . I think the U.S. Waiver is a better option, if your ever planning on visiting the states.mboth cost about the same and take about a yr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast