Thread: What constitutes a "TROLL" on CGN

What constitutes a "TROLL" on CGN

Wondered what constitutes "TROLLING" or being a "TROLL" here on this forum? I see the term thrown around a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Someone who injects absolutely nothing of substance into a thread. Picks fights. Name calls. Generally just behaves like an a$$.

^ what he said
    Yes there are lots of them.

People who only come to the site to copy and paste 'welcome' over and over and over again

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    All too often "Troll" is just a generic insult hurled at anyone that does not 100% agree with a poster's view point. But generally, 6MT's definition is bang on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Master-G's Avatar
    I always felt that true definition of a troll is someone who is intentionally provocative with no purpose other than to inflame members...the name comes from "trolling"...dragging your bait from a boat to catch a fish. To me, the term is applied too often to members who are just jerks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Master-G View Post
    I always felt that true definition of a troll is someone who is intentionally provocative with no purpose other than to inflame members...the name comes from "trolling"...dragging your bait from a boat to catch a fish. To me, the term is applied too often to members who are just jerks.
    Or to brand new members who are just looking for guidance and initial information unfortunately.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Someone who injects absolutely nothing of substance into a thread. Generally just behaves like an a$$.
    Search "sunray"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    From Wilki. Basically an A88

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]