Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AR15/M16 parts kits

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    12 hours between what he edited, and when johnone replied. No game being played.
    How can you be sure?

What could he possibly wanted to rescind from his comment?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDDRUNK View Post
    How can you be sure?

What could he possibly wanted to rescind from his comment?
    Spelling errors perhaps.

If game was being played, he would have edited it after Johnone replied. That would be concerning. However, he actually edited it before anyone even replied to his post.

So more that likely, he is hiding nothing.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Makes sense, I rescind my previous statement

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I picked up a Made in U.S.A. $70 Bushmaster Field repair kit a while back not knowing if these ones were going to come in. I did'nt compare item by item but mine has 3 gas rings and a fireing pin where these don't?? Better or not don't know????
    These don't contain upper parts because they are lower parts kits and not field repair kits like you bought. They contain all the parts to build a AR or M16 lower. Your field kit only contains the most wearable/breakage prone parts for the AR rifle and isn't a complete parts kit by any means. Can't comment on quality but John states they are from a OEM milspec Contractor! So probably more than good.

Mine had a made in Taiwan sticker as well, I am sure lots of good stuff is made in Taiwan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by crashcollins View Post
    These don't contain upper parts because they are lower parts kits and not field repair kits like you bought. They contain all the parts to build a AR or M16 lower. Your field kit only contains the most wearable/breakage prone parts for the AR rifle and isn't a complete parts kit by any means. Can't comment on quality but John states they are from a OEM milspec Contractor! So probably more than good.
    THANKS.. Would be nice to have more info on origin??? Just sayin...

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Copy that.

Will source my units from known parts.
    Maybe I'm a little thick, BUT what are trying to say here ?
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Maybe I'm a little thick, BUT what are trying to say here ?
    John
    That I like to know information on what I'm buying so I can make an educated and informed decision on whether to purchase said item.

I was curious as to the maker and origin of the parts kit. As that information isn't going to be released, I will pass on the option.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

The only real difference I can see is between the kits that I have and the one I received from Marstar is packaging and the Trigger Guard, which isn't a big deal anyways. I can't tell the difference between the high end kit springs and pins at this point. However some assembly would be a good test. however there is no "Made in" Stickers on the Parts kit from DD either, so I suppose if it was a huge deal to someone to know the manufacturer then they may also want to know the pedigree of the steal, might as well ask for the MTR as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDDRUNK View Post
    The only real difference I can see is between the kits that I have and the one I received from Marstar is packaging and the Trigger Guard, which isn't a big deal anyways. I can't tell the difference between the high end kit springs and pins at this point. However some assembly would be a good test. however there is no "Made in" Stickers on the Parts kit from DD either, so I suppose if it was a huge deal to someone to know the manufacturer then they may also want to know the pedigree of the steal, might as well ask for the MTR as well.
    Yours has an FA hammer?

Re- "Made in......" I'm not really bothered, I would pay a large premium for a Taiwanese M14 so lets face it Taiwanese M16 parts don't bother me. It's not like I have an M16 to put them in, but the Taiwanese Army does, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as to what lasts.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast