Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AR15/M16 parts kits

Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    i got a kit from both batches and they are pretty much the same,,also,,the last batch i got,and no taiwan sticker in it,,,as if i cared who made it,,you CAN'T get this kit anywhere else in Canada,,,so why all the pissing and moaning,,
    Because it's a simple question.

"Who made these?" "Company XYZ from Country ABC" "Cool, i'll take one"

Instead we get "YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING PLEEB! YOU'RE STEALIN' MY BUSINESS!"

Expired Business
    I cannot believe all the bitching here over the origin of a product....

Why should we assist other dealers and importers by giving them any hint as to the factory location ?

On the other hand I suppose some members here will want to know all the details of how we managed to get the Hirtenberg 7.62x51, who was at the auction, how was it handled, what part of the government did we deal with, how much did we pay ??

We should perhaps list all our contacts in the various governments we deal with ??

While we are at it we should be fully transparent about various other contracts we have in place, like Perdersoli, Pietta, AIM, ATI and others ????

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I cannot believe all the bitching here over the origin of a product....

Why should we assist other dealers and importers by giving them any hint as to the factory location ?

On the other hand I suppose some members here will want to know all the details of how we managed to get the Hirtenberg 7.62x51, who was at the auction, how was it handled, what part of the government did we deal with, how much did we pay ??

We should perhaps list all our contacts in the various governments we deal with ??

While we are at it we should be fully transparent about various other contracts we have in place, like Perdersoli, Pietta, AIM, ATI and others ????

John

What manufacturer of 7.62x51? Hirtenburg.

Who made that gun? Predersoli, Pietta

Who made those gun parts? AIM, ATI.

Who made the parts kit? Classified.

Fair enough.

I wasn't bitching, I asked. You answered. I made my decision regarding the purchase.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm good with this bitching, it means maybe I can get a couple of extras to put away without screwing someone else out of a set.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

BANNED
    "period correct restauration," LOL...with an M-16 parts kit,,,who are we kidding here,,,,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    You're faulting him for saying these are from Taiwan because of that label which says 'Made in Taiwan'? Stay classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    While the tag on the previous units is quite accurate, it is NOT so for the inbound lot....
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Well apparently these aren't from Taiwan. So.... just milspec.

Dpms colt DD etc etc are all milspec but have varying costs associated to them and varying reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDDRUNK View Post
    Right....

Thanks for the cool story
    Read. No story. Not from Taiwan. As per marstar.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    I don't see what the problem is if they are made in Taiwan... should that make a difference?
    the Chinese have manufactured their firearms from very hard steel for a very long time. If these are milspec kits made from tough steel and are hard to obtain then why all the complaining? John did us a favor with these kits at a fair price that should suffice. As much as it pains me a bit to agree with John I have to in this instance.

BANNED
    I have one from the first batch and one from the last and after several thousand rounds they show no signs of abnormal wear. So who cares where they are made.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    I can attest that these are good quality forged parts, in fact better than some pot metal stuff I got off brownells that's made in the "god" country the USA.
    Get some!!! ^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any update on ETA? Thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast