Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canpar using horse and buggy to deliver?

This whole "I WANT IT NOW!!!!" phenomenon is new to me....I think it's a generational gap, or entitled mentality of a younger generation. I personally don't understand it as it's just a selfish ME ME ME bitchfest with no understanding how a business actually may operate. A business may only ship once or twice a week due to location, or courier availability, so yeah 2-5 business days is not ridiculous before you get a shipping confirmation. Again, guns have to be shipped by ground whether it's CP or Canpar, the estimated delivery dates are probably the same for both from one side of the country to the other. If it takes a few extra days to get your ####, will your dick fall off? Will your friends call you a loser? Will your mother disown you, or kick you out of the basement?
    Most adults have bigger daily problems then when is my package going to arrive...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Canpar is great in my neighbourhood. What really sucks is the OP complaints but then don't bother noting their location. For all we know you live in Timbuktu with expected lousy delivery.

Just live in the middle of lower mainland. All the delivery companies are great here. Canpar depot is 5 minutes from my place.
    Does the canpar depot have hours where you are? Neither of the 2 in Sask do which means you have to beat the delivery guys to work to attempt to get a package. I don't like canpar due to these issues but to their credit they take shipments that most other companies will not. As for their delivry times/standards they appear normal to me. This is why I don't buy ammo online and when I buy firearms I request canada post.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    This whole "I WANT IT NOW!!!!" phenomenon is new to me....I think it's a generational gap, or entitled mentality of a younger generation. I personally don't understand it as it's just a selfish ME ME ME bitchfest with no understanding how a business actually may operate. A business may only ship once or twice a week due to location, or courier availability, so yeah 2-5 business days is not ridiculous before you get a shipping confirmation. Again, guns have to be shipped by ground whether it's CP or Canpar, the estimated delivery dates are probably the same for both from one side of the country to the other. If it takes a few extra days to get your ####, will your dick fall off? Will your friends call you a loser? Will your mother disown you, or kick you out of the basement?
    Most adults have bigger daily problems then when is my package going to arrive...
    I am guessing you are a delivery guy when not trolling CGN.

No. The key word here is adult.

ordered a glock from Wanstalls, using Canpar to Quebec. Took 5 days I think

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    I really don't mind that it takes a few days to get something from one side of the country to the other..after all, we are not Luxembourg. But, what I hate about CanPar is their tracking...like when several days after the item has been shipped, you check to see where your package is, and see that the info is vague, and, Oh! The package is to be delivered today, but Santa doesn't come. So you go back and have a look the following (day[s]) only to see it say that it is with a courier, and that is all.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Same with CP it shows pick up and then in transit till the tell you the lazy carrier carded it out to the post office,cat least Canpar tries again, I know my Canpar gut pretty good now and that helps! Also Canada Post only keeps the parcel ( I just recieved a rifle the other day. Carded out again)for so long and then send it back to the supplier! I have to get hold of the post office and beg them to hold it till I get home, (I work away from home). It depends on who you get whether they will accomodate you!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Received my shipment yesterday, was received my tracking number friday...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    What I do mind is what is currently happening...delivery was supposed to have been yesterday. Nothing. Called CanPar customer service. Told that it will be delivered today. Nothing. Check the website..."With courier'. And I can't call tomorrow.
    Last edited by Chuckbuster; 06-30-2015 at 08:38 PM.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
    What I do mind is what is currently happening...delivery was supposed to have been yesterday. Nothing. Called CanPar customer service. Told that it will be delivered today. Nothing. Check the website..."With courier'. And I can't call tomorrow.
    Unfortunately, this is a problem with all the couriers to rural areas (assumption). The contractor likely does not want to burn the gas for the few dollars he gets for the few packages he has for your area