Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Canpar using horse and buggy to deliver?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Canam should have an option,"I want it now, willing to pay 1K extra"

I always wonder what I do wrong? I never ask for tracking info, just sit and wait patiently. Never had anything gone missing that way, haha.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a problem with all the couriers to rural areas (assumption). The contractor likely does not want to burn the gas for the few dollars he gets for the few packages he has for your area
    Yes, I agree. Like I said, I get that it takes time to move something across the country (in my case, from Alberta to Ontario), and I'm okay with that. If they give me a delivery schedule that says it will be delivered on a certain date, and don't show up, I understand, and will call near the end of the following business day to see when it is actually to be delivered. If they then tell me it has been scheduled for delivery between 4 and 6pm that day, and then still nothing...it gets a bit annoying. And to top it all off, I live just a couple of clicks down the road from the local courier business that does the actual delivery(!). However, in my case, I don't think the actual fault lies with CanPar. I think it is with their local contractor. I have also had a package that needed to go out but for which nobody showed up, even though I had arranged pick up and said it needed to be picked up by a certain time of day (again, when I called to say "Where's the driver?" I was told "between 4 and 6"--to which I again replied 'Too Late", and then for which I had to drive to the contractor business after work, myself, to have it shipped.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

They delivered my primers in less then 1 week to Ottawa... Left Wed, arrived the following Tuesday. Primers look OK, will be trying them out this weekend.
    Thanks again CanAm, half the price of primers around here if you can even find them, and free shipping so it's a sweet deal.

hahah canpar. they can never figure out how to deliver to my place. apparently the buzzer is hard to punch in. then when i go to pick up at their facility (couple crates of ammo) and the guy says "oh man, i hate you gun guys, your ####s so damn heavy"
    i think he was kidding?
    i just hate going to pick my stuff up from a company thats sole purpose is to deliver stuff. haven't had much better luck with purulator or UPS though either so. oh well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    I've told more than a few people about the primer deal that can be had through CanAm. My current issue has nothing to do with CanAm...just CanPar and their choice of local contractor!
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 07-05-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

Unfortunately, this is a problem with all the couriers to rural areas (assumption). The contractor likely does not want to burn the gas for the few dollars he gets for the few packages he has for your area
    They have "tried" to deliver mine for over a week now. It's an agent used by canpar and they don't have a warehouse I can pick up from but say they will call to confirm timing and then don't. I was told it would be delivered yesterday only to find out that they sent it back to the canpar hub in Ottawa. Ready to say screw it and have them send it back for a refund. They also refuse to safe drop it because "it's probably a gun" (it's not a gun or ammo)

I've tried calling/emailing Canada Ammo but no answer or reply.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Not sure why you have had trouble, we must not have received your email. We answer the phones between 12-3 PT

FYI we are in the process of adding premium shipping options for those that want them:

- add discrete packaging
    - ship Canada post only
    - ship express
    - ship overnight

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My old guy at Canada Post was good, but the new own cards everything out to the post office without even trying to deliver, and I go pick it up the next day after 4pm, my Canpar guy is awesome and tries 3 times before I have to pick up, I think it depends on the local couriers, cp or Canpar. These guys are working on tight margins, I am happy with both to an extent! You can always use Fedex but even they will make you come and get it sooner or later?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Not sure why you have had trouble, we must not have received your email. We answer the phones between 12-3 PT

FYI we are in the process of adding premium shipping options for those that want them:

- add discrete packaging
    - ship Canada post only
    - ship express
    - ship overnight
    It was between those hours and I left a voice mail.

It has been sent back from Ottawa to the local terminal for pick up according to the tracking number. Too bad they don't have pick up hours. Canpar makes cp look like Rockstars