Thread: Haenel model 9 single shot

Haenel model 9 single shot

I ordered a Haenel model 9 single shot from Wolverine on Friday, and today, Tuesday, it arrived. It's lovely, a light, sleek and graceful little gun that has "hunter" written all over it. Nicely finished, although the recoil pad might have been a bit better fitted...should be an easy fix. I'll have to do something about those Euro-style non-detachable swivels also, but in general I am in love with this gun. Haven't scoped it yet, but couldn't resist shooting 20 rounds with the irons. The target wasn't beautiful, but certainly as good as I am capable of with my vision applied to open sights.

And what a nice bonus: a set trigger (didn't know about that) and a new-Euro-style cocking/de-cocking safety on the tang. As a Blaser owner and fan, I love that set-up! Anyone who enjoys hunting with single shot rifles should be looking at this gun.

As usual with Wolverine, the entire transaction was fast, friendly and efficient. Kudos and thanks to John and his crew!

Pics or it didn't happen! I had my eye on one for awhile, but the price sort of scared me off. What caliber did you get?
    Slava Ukraini!

Then I guess it didn't happen! Sorry, I'm way too lazy for that. I'm not into "unboxing" videos and alerting the world via social media every time I buy a pair of socks or a cheeseburger. I basically just wanted to thank Wolverine for their typically great service.

The gun is a 7x65R, one of my favourite cartridges. Like a rimmed .280Rem. This thing weighs 5.8 pounds on my bathroom scale! Comes up nicely to your cheek, carries beautifully and handles like an orchestra conductor's baton.

It's not for everybody...empties don't fly over your shoulder until you grab 'em and throw 'em there...some folks don't care for set triggers, although the trigger is very clean, light and crisp even when not set. The top of the barrel is grooved for a proprietary QD scope mount that unfortunately looks like it weighs as much as the gun, and really ruins the lines and probably the balance. I plan on drilling and tapping the flat area between the grooves and screwing on a Weaver-type base, and using QD rings.

The price puts it into a different realm than an H&R single, or a TC Encore, but then compare it to a Blaser K95 or a Merkel or a Kreighoff and it seems like a bargain. If you need more justification for buying one, imagine how much more expensive the next batch will be.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer starpuss's Avatar
    I want to buy one to replace my TC Encore in 7mm mag one day, Just need to find some one local to let me play with there first to see if I like it