Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms 12.5" and 18.5 Barrel for Grizzly/Remington 870 Shotgun 79.99 $$$$

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes Inferno View Post
    The giant front sight was driving me nuts, and I didn't want to add a ghost ring rear sight to the gun so we made a bead sight for less than a dollar.
    Very nice! I suppose you could just dremel cutoff most of the old one, is that what you did?
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juster View Post
    Very nice! I suppose you could just dremel cutoff most of the old one, is that what you did?
    Pretty much. I actually used a hacksaw then filed what was left of the sight flat and level with the top of the receiver. Then removed the choke and drilled and tapped right through the block and barrel. A little gun blue and a brass nut and screw, we have a new brass sight thats nice and big for getting on target quick and easy. Cost was under 50 cents.

The original plan was to cut a dovetail into the the block and knock in a pistol sight, but the safe edge file I needed was too expensive.

BANNED
    The 18.5" bbl will be handy if the Mulcair government pulls the plug on the short barreled (less than 16" bbl) shotguns and rifles.

BANNED
    I think the factory ghost ring sights on my 12.5" tube mag fed DA Grizzly are fantastic even with my old eyes.
    They were one of the selling features of the gun for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    I think the factory ghost ring sights on my 12.5" tube mag fed DA Grizzly are fantastic even with my old eyes.
    They were one of the selling features of the gun for me.
    For sure. If you look closely at the front blade, there is a small circular divet carved out. I filled the divet with a small dab of white nail polish and boy does it ever POP through the rear ring!
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    The sights are wonderful, a red dot would be redundant. I have the 12.5" and 18.5" barrel, with folding and non-folding stocks. 3/4" pipe insulation and tape on the folder, it is comfy and still folds. And 2.5" shorter!
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    SOLD OUT?!?!

Damnit, too slow. Getting any more, any time soon?
    +1.

I'm going to cancel my pre-order on a Rem 14" barrel next week. I've been waiting since February and Gravel apparently still has no hot clue when it might come in. If it misses hunting season it's useless to me.

I'll splurge on a DLASK if I have to, but I'd prefer a Norinco if CanAm thinks they'll be in relatively soon.

Any ETA on the next batch of 12.5's with the post sight. I would love to get one before the November deer hunt if possible
    [/URL][/IMG]

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    next ship is due in the spring. we just got a shipment last week

Did last week's shipment have 12.5" barrels? If so I would like one
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.