Thread: Repro sniper issue after first couple outings. suggestions?

CGN Regular

Repro sniper issue after first couple outings. suggestions?

Hey!

So ive found that my mosin sniper has a tendency to drop the floor plate with all 5 rounds loaded when i fire. I could try bending the spring, but i guess I better ask if you guys have any spares in case I break it.
    Also, is it normal for the bent bolt to hit the scope body when i cycle the action? I mean, i can get it not to, if im gentle... is it advisable to maybe grind off some of the "elbow" of the bent bolt to get that extra MM of clearance?

Exceptional shooter this one. been having a blast with it (3 rounds at a time).

CGN frequent flyer
    scope set on too low, and catch on floor plate week ,rounded off as in worn possible

CGN Regular
    Unfortunetly the frot of the pu is not adjustable.i could try and shim it somehow tho on that cup mount I the front. Might not be 100% stable, but ill give it a go.

CGN Regular
    Compared floorplate to my other mosin and the snipers was definitely too far back. worked the spring a bit and ive got it seating correctly now. I think that will do the trick.

As for my bent bolt hitting the scope mount. I figured i was going to have to polish the bolt anyways since the repro-smiths didn't sand the bolt handle down after it got modified very good... so i grabbed my dremel and worked maybe a quarter mm off the bolt handle. Cycles without hitting now.

Now the big question; do i leave it rough like it is or do a proper bolt sand and polish to make it sparkle? The rough look isn't without it's charms, but i'm told chicks really dig a shiny bolt.