Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seriously Peeved WTF !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    I think the law requires ammo to be shipped with HAZMAT ID and description on top of it. Am I right?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I don't believe there is any requirement to mark ammunition as such. I have received ammo from multiple forum sponsors (including CanadaAmmo) and it has always been in a plain unmarked box. This last shipment from CanadaAmmo was the first that had "ammunition' all over the case. I suspect it was simply a case of they had sold so much in the recent sale that they were just slapping labels on the manufacturer's boxes and getting them out the door.

I'm not anal about it but given a choice I would prefer a little discretion in packaging.

edit

Ammo may well have to have the Hazmat stickers on the box but I don't believe it has to say "ammunition" on the outside of the box.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

If this guy lives in Toronto, this could easily happen. In fact i remember a thread about it maybe in the legalese section about condo security ratting some guy out to the cops who promptly paid the guy a vist. the swat stuff may be hyperbole, but in this increasingly crazy society i wouldnt put it past them.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

First world problems.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudbury shooter View Post
    Someone didn't take their happypillz
    lol classic
    Get some!!! ^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I like living at the end of 300 metres private road, nobody see nothing... JP.

CGN Regular
    Why didn't you just say, "hey, why did those guys ship my new tap dancing shoes in an ammunition box"?

Box must be labeled 1.4s Limited quantities, and be in a 4G box to comply with UN regs. (That means the actual cardboard boxes must be proofed drop and crush proof)
    While that might be draconian, it is the regulations, especially for the business.
    Failure to do so puts the point of sale, the shipping company, and the address at risk.
    The real conspiracy to worry about would be a clampdown on postal service/couriers handling firearms and ammunition at all. That would throw a wrench is a lot of people's business and it would be a real shame to see that just for someone's unwillingness to follow stated rules/regs.
    For further reading, see the NRCAN website.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    So much fail in OP's... he must be part of the Justin Trudeau Fan Club!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypillz View Post
    Hi Guys

I have ordered from you guys before and had no issues. But apparently my instruction on the shipping was half followed.

ORDER Details

"Can you please not ship this until Jun 8th. I am on Vacation until 9th and I don't want this to be sitting with reception in my apartment building. Please make sure there is no Identifying marks on the boxes on what the contents may be."

I guess The part "Please make sure there is no Identifying marks on the boxes on what the contents may be." Except on the Side of the BOX it says Ammunition somehow escaped you guys and now I possibly have everyone in my apartment building know I have Ammunition and possibly Firearms in my apartment. I am now expecting the RCMP or Swat show up on my door step.
    If you are half as careful keeping your firearms collection hush hush as you are with the meds you are on to make you a normal functioning person, i am POSITIVE no-one would ever suspect such an atrocity. </s>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast