Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter/IMI mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    How come we can't bust these out on a 3-D printer?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mytiburon View Post
    Yes we need magpul onboard to make a run of gen 2's.
    Already went down that road, they have NO interest at all.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    How come we can't bust these out on a 3-D printer?
    So far all of the 3D printed mags we have had made as prototypes last only a few shots. There may be better "inks" available, my knowledge of this technology is very limited.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Patience more you need Jedi

Could you buy the moulds off Magpul and start making them yourself? If they're done with the gen 2's they would have no need for the moulds. I'm sure just a little modification to the mould to remove any evidence of Magpul would be all it would take.

Rick,

Thank you for the list of good/no good in terms of mags. I was somewhat (possibly a few more than just me) in the dark on what was what with the available mags. Absolutely, i know that all involved are frustrated. By no means was i pointing at you to solve the issue immediately. I know it takes time.

You mentioned 10 round mags; will you be manufacturing 20 rounders as well? I have gravitated to the 20 rounders for ease of handling.

I am still looking for hidden stashes of gen2's if i find anything ill let people know.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

You mentioned 10 round mags; will you be manufacturing 20 rounders as well? I have gravitated to the 20 rounders for ease of handling.
    The mags we are hoping to get into production soon will be a little shorter than the 20 round body, but will be long enough to easily manipulate.
    I agree the ASC mags are a tad short for easy changes. The 20 round bodies I think are too long for prone shooting so an in between length is the plan so that both scenarios are addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Could you buy the moulds off Magpul and start making them yourself? If they're done with the gen 2's they would have no need for the moulds. I'm sure just a little modification to the mould to remove any evidence of Magpul would be all it would take.
    There would be more involved. I am not sure but am led to believe that molds are designed for specific molding equipment.
    The other problem would be ITAR controlls, not to mention Magpuls lack of wanting to have much to do with the Canadian market or manufacturers

What about a premium cnc t6061 aluminum magazine? Im sure you could mill out beautiful mags in house and anodize it etc. I would pay up to $200 per mag if it could be done, not saying I would buy 10 at a time but it would be nice to have a couple and purchase more over time.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    If you think you are frustrated, what about us?
    We are working on a solution, which includes having our own mags made.
    We too did not see Magpul changing their design that we worked around and completely dropping their at the time current (gen 2) mag line.
    The IMI mag sample worked great so we thought we had a winner, spent MANY thousands of dollars on getting a large order of IMI mags in, and the production mags do not work as well as would like.
    So far just in the mag debacle it has cost me over $100K.

What we KNOW at this time.
    ASC mags for the XCR-M work great if loaded to 4 rounds.
    ASC 10 round pistol mags for the XCR-M work flawlessly
    MOST Gen 2 Pmags work flawlessly.
    IMI mags work well IF THE MAG IS SUPPORTED, which is less than ideal and we are working on a solution as we have a TON of these mags in inventory and they seem like a real good mag.

We are working on a 10 round mag of our own that WILL work. But this may take a few months still.

Magpul Gen 3s and and M118LR mags do NOT work at all.

It would be a shame to come all this way only to have proprietary short mags. I was excited to buy a non restricted 308 that would accept the 5/25 sr mags,,. Then was a little bumed but accepted that we could use the imi 5/20 mags, i would honestly not be happy limited to xcr mags or proprietary short mags. Every one here is frustrated, .. im sure you guys too, but with how much money is being spent here by everyone i hope you guys do the right thing and get your gun to work with available mags and not come up with your own mag to correct this problem. Im tired of expensive proprietary mags especially being limited to something short.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast