Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter/IMI mags

CGN Regular
    I'm fine with it. We have 10 round mags that work with a fix around the corner. Maybe that guy that makes mag extensions for the lar-15 could come up with an extention for the xcr-m pistol mags.

CGN Regular
    Just checked into it and ordered 2 extentions for the xcr mags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am fine with it also - lots of XCR mags around, they work well without getting in the way by being too long and got hung up in use.
    When I had my XCR the 10 rounder was perfect for real use; for shooting prone or from benches it was great.
    - the 5 might have been too short. Plus, I have no love of PMags. They changed their specs for some reason that affected us indirectly. Such is life.
    MH is a fine rifle that fits my requirements.

I understand that for some, the large PMags were a preference.

I don't care specifically about pmags,.. but the ability to use a mag that's at least 5/20 is a must for me, otherwise i don't want it.... some of us are not buying this as a precision bench gun.

Im fine with xcr mags or ATRS mags.

Id love to have very high quality ATRS mags with my 5k lead dispenser. I want a Maple leaf on it too!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    To be clear - I am not using it for a benchrest rifle either (although it may do that from time to time) but for an actual carry to shoot and kill animal hunting weapon. My XCR was used for coyotes all the time. The shorter mags to me were a requirement. Others may have other uses for the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by farshot View Post
    To be clear - I am not using it for a benchrest rifle either (although it may do that from time to time) but for an actual carry to shoot and kill animal hunting weapon. My XCR was used for coyotes all the time. The shorter mags to me were a requirement. Others may have other uses for the rifle.
    This won't be used for my hunting either, this will be my toy.. that is all, it may go on the odd coyote or deer trip maybe as a backup.. i have lots of hunting and precision guns. I got rid of a 50 bmg and my ar15 to have this as a gun i can take anywhere for the days i just want to have fun.

CGN Regular
    Why is a 5/20 a must?

CGN Regular
    This is such a non issue for me. At the range i can use cheap and easy to buy xcrm pistol mags.
    If/when atrs brings out their mags it'll be even better. There are so many guns with specific mags, I don't know why this is such a big deal. For those stuck on magpul, just look harder, they can be found

Quote Originally Posted by ravohs View Post
    Why is a 5/20 a must?
    Aesthetics mostly, but in some rare instance if this country did away with mag limits im not stuck with a gun that only holds 5,, plus if rcmp gets their way and we are not allowed to use pistol mags then we are limited to 5 in any mag configuration and quite honestly if im spending this much money i want my gun to look how i want it too. And i personally with my configuration it wouldn't look right without a longer mag. As our laws sit now it wouldn't serve any other purpose than to look good but thats what i want and im paying good money to do so!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast