Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter/IMI mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    And soon you will not have to. Patience is truly a virtue.
    Im just bugging,. That part i think is funny, i better get to use long mags thou

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Sneak peak of the prototype polymer mags. The production version may vary in appearance, and will have markings on it.

It is approximately the body size of what we have been referring to as a "15 round mag".

And as you can see, it has just about the perfect length to work prone, or off a bench, and also leaves a good amount to hold for mag changes and use in a lot of mag pouches.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Sexy

Looks good. Now you guys just have to mark it as for the xcr-m pistol :P

Has anybody tried shooting the MH with the 10 Rd XCR-M pistol mags? Does it work?

Does anyone have a mag other than the unavailable G2 PMAG that will successful fire 5 rounds?

Owners, how many rounds have you shot with your XCR-M mags?

Quote Originally Posted by s4e View Post
    Has anybody tried shooting the MH with the 10 Rd XCR-M pistol mags? Does it work?

Does anyone have a mag other than the unavailable G2 PMAG that will successful fire 5 rounds?

ATRS already answered most of your questions up above.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    What we KNOW at this time.
    ASC mags for the XCR-M work great if loaded to 4 rounds.
    ASC 10 round pistol mags for the XCR-M work flawlessly
    MOST Gen 2 Pmags work flawlessly.
    IMI mags work well IF THE MAG IS SUPPORTED, which is less than ideal and we are working on a solution as we have a TON of these mags in inventory and they seem like a real good mag.

Magpul Gen 3s and and M118LR mags do NOT work at all.

CGN Regular
    The new mag from atrs looks even better in person and will solve some of the issues people have with the Asc mags length.

I've got 150-200 rounds through my xcrm pistol mag without a single failure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    They look pretty good... il buy a few.. and once you get a fix for the imi il buy some of those too

They look great and will be interested in getting some.
    Couple questions,
    What's the projected cost for one? Don't really want them if they are significantly more them xcrm mags.
    Will they come in a 10 round pistol variation?
    What's the projected time line? If relatively soon I will wait if not I will order more xcrm mags.
    They look great and I think the size of the body is perfect.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s4e View Post

The XCR-M 10 round pistol mags are what we are currently recommending for these, they run extremely well.
    On my own personal rifle, I have a couple hundred rounds through using XCR-M mag(s), and in the shop for test firing purposes, I'd say I've easily put 1500+ rounds through with those mags.

On the XCR-M non-pistol mags that are crimped to limit them to 5, the method of limiting capacity (crimping) has made the spring bind up inside the mag when loaded with a 5th round. This occurs in all rifles, and it even occurs in the mags without a rifle present.

Quote Originally Posted by saitek11 View Post
    They look great and will be interested in getting some.
    Couple questions,
    What's the projected cost for one? Don't really want them if they are significantly more them xcrm mags.
    Will they come in a 10 round pistol variation?
    What's the projected time line? If relatively soon I will wait if not I will order more xcrm mags.
    They look great and I think the size of the body is perfect.
    Projected cost: I cannot answer at this time. I anticipate they will be approximately around the cost of our AT15 mags. ($32) but that is just a guess, at this point in time.
    10 round pistol: That is our intention at this point in time. They will be molded in XCR-M 10 round pistol mag.
    Time Line: Currently looking at a minimum of two months away until molds are made. Probably 4 to 6 months until we have finished and tested product available.
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 06-18-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast