Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about firearms ban

Quote Originally Posted by GeoShooter View Post
    I'm not 'providing' guns. I think of it the same as if you take anyone else shooting - they don't have a PAL but yet are allowed to use your guns under direct supervision.
    However, doesn't a firearms ban mean that person should not be in possession or make use of a firearm? That would in fact, implicate you as "providing access to" and facilitating him breaking the law.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoShooter View Post
    I'm not 'providing' guns. I think of it the same as if you take anyone else shooting - they don't have a PAL but yet are allowed to use your guns under direct supervision.

Not having a PO/AL is not the same as being the subject of a prohibition order.

Super Moderator
    OP - no one here can clarify your prohibition order for you. Do your research and find out.

Hmm you guys have given me something to think about. I'm discussing another matter with a DNR officer, I will see what he has to say about this situation. I don't want to put my PAL on the line for anyone!

Super Moderator
    DNR might not be the best source of information about the implications of supplying a firearm to someone under a prohibition order.
    Might be an idea for your friend to have a good look at the order, and contact the issuing court or his lawyer if there is any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Might be an idea for your friend to have a good look at the order, and contact the issuing court or his lawyer if there is any doubt.
    He said his ban is over towards the end of the year and he's planning to take the CFSC during the summer to prepare for when he can apply. I told him he may have some issues and have to explain to the CFO his intentions of gaining a PAL. He's stayed on the straight and narrow for a decade, so that should be taken into consideration, right?

I was prohibited from owner or using firearms also.in fact it just ran out the week before I took the coarse. the bans are usually 10 years and on the application it asks if you have been prohibited in last 5 years .. so you are good to go.. I even called the CFO to explain my situation and they said just check the box NO that asks if you have been prohibited in last 5 years .. your being truthful and they are asking vague questions so its a win win ..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin

high post count doesn't make you right just means you have to much time on your hands

CGN frequent flyer
    If you allow a person with a CCC firearms ban to posses (hold, handle, shoot, clean) he is breaching his conditions. Full stop, end of. He is legally band from having a thing to do with firearms, ammo or explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by coltseries70 View Post
    If you allow a person with a CCC firearms ban to posses (hold, handle, shoot, clean) he is breaching his conditions. Full stop, end of. He is legally band from having a thing to do with firearms, ammo or explosives.
    yup cant even take the coarse until ban is over.. I called before taking mine and they said they check dates if you have taken coarse before ban is over your in breech and you can receive a life time ban for that.. no thanks I waited the couple weeks and took mine once the ban was lifted.. 10 years is a long time to wait but now its over and the end is near.. in processing now and sent to BC CFO should be soon
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin

high post count doesn't make you right just means you have to much time on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by colonelangus View Post
    yup cant even take the coarse until ban is over.. I called before taking mine and they said they check dates if you have taken coarse before ban is over your in breech and you can receive a life time ban for that..
    Ouch, that's rough. Should be able to do the class at least. He's going to be disappointed next time he asks when I'm going to the range lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast