Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about firearms ban

Question about firearms ban

When i was a teen i was charged with some firearm offences and recieved a "Ban on any type of firearms, crossbows or explosives" and i cant remember how long the ban was for. I was a piece of #### as a kid and have got my #### together and became an actual productive member of society and have a family of my own now and i want to hunt with friends but i dont even know where to begin looking to find out about my ban and if its still active can i have it lifted? thanks in advance folks. Nate.

You court transcript will give you the details you seek.

Whether or not it can be lifted or will stop you from getting a PAL is probably a question for a lawyer.

Shawn

BANNED
    You or your parents should have been given something in writing that lays all of it out. Mom would be the first place to look. Followed by a criminal record search. Where you are matters as the cost differs.
    Matters how young you were too. Juvenile(under 18) records are sealed, as I recall.
    These guys want $59 payable by credit card. Add the W's. .mybackcheck.com/Public/Login.aspx

Just go to local police station have a cpic done it will tell you.

Thanks boys. Starting my inquires tomorrow.

Greasy
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

I have a friend in a similar situation. When he wants to shoot I just take him out. Not ideal but he gets to make bangs

If he has a firearms ban and you are providing him guns to use you are breaking the law. You may want to confirm his situation in case anyone ever checks.

Shawn

It is rather interesting the amount of "When I was a teenager... Can I get a license now" threads that have been popping up in the last few days...

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    If he has a firearms ban and you are providing him guns to use you are breaking the law. You may want to confirm his situation in case anyone ever checks.

Shawn
    I'm not 'providing' guns. I think of it the same as if you take anyone else shooting - they don't have a PAL but yet are allowed to use your guns under direct supervision.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast