Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun mag tube clamp, and flashlight mount.

Shotgun mag tube clamp, and flashlight mount.

so a few questions for shotguners that use aftermarket mag tubes.

do you use a clamp?

what brand and what did you pay?

does your clamp have a rail for use with a weapons light.

Plastic, stamped, mim/cast( like magpul) machines aluminum ?

some of the brands that I see for sale range from china mart cast aluminum and plastic, to better quality plastic molded ones, to aluminum units that can do up to $90 US!!

what are you buying and why.

BBB

CGN Regular
    I use a Nordic clamp that I bought alongside my extension, cost my like $30USD (a year ago for what it's worth). Appears to be aluminum, can't tell right away if it's machined or cast.

Mine does not have any mounts on it, but it does have a threaded hole for sling stud or a small section of pic rail.
    Are you familiar with The Shmoo, Mr. Fisher?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I bought a $90 Mesa clamp because it had a QD sling socket And I liked that better than the GG&G sling thing I was using before that. (I would mash my thumbnail on it on occasion). It had a little rail on the other side that I did put a pistol light on from time to time. But that was just a bonus. The main reason for my purchase was sling mounting. I just think it's a great place because you can put it where you want it and it doesn't let the sling foul the slide and it doesn't hurt my hand.

I've also used the Remington factory setup. Decades ago, the fact that Remington shipped those 870 extensions with a clamp made me think that it was a requirement, lest the mag tube bend or something. Now I think the only thing it does is prevent the tube from loosening off, especially when a sling is involved.

I'm not saying it impossible to bend your mag tube. It's just about as hard to bend as the rest of the gun.

A small, light, metal clamp with a QD socket would be a nice thing to see. It would be better than Mesa's clamp in my eyes, and probably cheaper/easier to make too.

yes the Nordic is machined

$30 us for just the clamp is a good price

Machined with the ability to mount a small section of rail

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Taccom sells a plastic one for $15 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    I bought a $90 Mesa clamp because it had a QD sling socket And I liked that better than the GG&G sling thing I was using before that. (I would mash my thumbnail on it on occasion). It had a little rail on the other side that I did put a pistol light on from time to time. But that was just a bonus. The main reason for my purchase was sling mounting. I just think it's a great place because you can put it where you want it and it doesn't let the sling foul the slide and it doesn't hurt my hand.

I've also used the Remington factory setup. Decades ago, the fact that Remington shipped those 870 extensions with a clamp made me think that it was a requirement, lest the mag tube bend or something. Now I think the only thing it does is prevent the tube from loosening off, especially when a sling is involved.

I'm not saying it impossible to bend your mag tube. It's just about as hard to bend as the rest of the gun.

A small, light, metal clamp with a QD socket would be a nice thing to see. It would be better than Mesa's clamp in my eyes, and probably cheaper/easier to make too.
    If your mag tube had a sling mount would you have went with the same mag tube clamp.

Yes the rem factory tubes are not that strong. But the clamp is to stop the 2 pc tube from coming loose

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Taccom sells a plastic one for $15 USD.
    What did it cost you landed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    What did it cost you landed?
    No idea what it would cost to ship just one single piece like that.

I bought it with a pile of other stuff.

I also bought a Nordic for my Mossy 930, for $30 USD but then I also bought a separate QD connection for another $20.
    Last edited by juancarlos; 06-16-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast