Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Private Messages Question

Private Messages Question

I could use some advice. I have sent a few private messages in the EE forum with interest in purchasing items. I have included my email in those messages for the seller to contact me. I have done this on 3 separate items and have had no responses. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if it is because I am new here and they are just not interested in selling to a newbie. Does anyone have some advice for me?

Thanks

CGN frequent flyer
    This is not uncommon on here. Things priced well go very quickly, and many sellers just don't bother to reply to inquiries after that. Some also want nothing to do with new members with no trader ratings. Mostly though, many sellers (and buyers) really could just use lessons in etiquette and manners. And some just suck at business!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Yeah I don't normally deal with people that PM to contact me thru email.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    It's all a matter of courtesy. Whether they want to deal with you or not, a simple "It's sold" or " No thanks" will do. Sorry for your bad experience! Not all EE transactions are that way.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Why not do the deal through pm?
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    It's all a matter of courtesy. Whether they want to deal with you or not, a simple "It's sold" or " No thanks" will do. Sorry for your bad experience! Not all EE transactions are that way.
    I agree 100%.
    If I have an ad running and someone sends me a message, simple courtesy applies. It only takes a minute to send.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Yeah I don't normally deal with people that PM to contact me thru email.
    The first private message I sent said my private messages were blocked from users not in my contact / friends list. I searched the settings to try to change this but cannot find where. So I just included my email. Does anyone know where I can change this so anyone can send me a private message? Maybe they have tried to reply to me and I am not getting the message.

Quote Originally Posted by GBG View Post
    Some also want nothing to do with new members with no trader ratings.
    How are people going to get a trader rating then?
    My decision making skills closely resemble that of a squirrel when crossing the street!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyder View Post
    The first private message I sent said my private messages were blocked from users not in my contact / friends list. I searched the settings to try to change this but cannot find where. So I just included my email. Does anyone know where I can change this so anyone can send me a private message? Maybe they have tried to reply to me and I am not getting the message.
    Cant help you with that. I never had to add someone as a friend to PM them, ( I only ever see that on FB and if I gotta add someone as a friend to communicate its not worth dealing ) I had someone I added, then wrote on my wall I should kill my cat.

I just don't deal with people that contact me and tell me to contact them thru a another source of communication because what so important that you cannot just ask me then.

Old saying money talks BS walks.. Thats alot of BS that goes on with Buy/Sell.

Would someone here be able to send me a PM so I can see if it works for me. It would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast