Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replica Air /BB/ Pellet Guns

BANNED
    Airsoft guns are toys, but some of 'em are evil anyway.
    Replicas, generally, are also toys, but made out of zinc or the like and look exactly like a real firearm. Frightened cops who were afraid they might shoot some idiot who pointed one at them in a dark alley.
    If your farm yard is in a municipality(makes no difference where it is) that does not have a no discharge by-law, you're fine.
    Air rifles with 495 fps are considered to be firearms. PAL is required. The Beretta is not a firearm. No licence needed. Kind of surprised considering the Cabela's Canada picture. Most likely not exactly like it though. An orange ring on the muzzle makes it not a replica.

PAL is not required for an airgun under 500 fps and/or under 5.7 joules but it is an unregulated firearm under the Act/regs BUT firearm under the criminal code.

Over 500fps AND 5.7 joules unrestricted firearm if a long gun PAL required and restricted firearm otherwise and RPAL required by act/regs OR may even be prohibited depending on it features/form factor AND all firearms under the criminal code.

Check out Canadian Airgun Forum for lots of good info and direction on airguns and where to buy and use them.

Also see this RCMP page on airguns: (should say what I did and if it doesn't then I am wrong as usual and it is correct.)

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...me_air-eng.htm

Have fun and ask questions.
    Shoot straight and shoot safe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12