Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replica Air /BB/ Pellet Guns

Replica Air /BB/ Pellet Guns

Hello ALL,

did not find anything relating replica air guns law.

According this http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/replica-replique-eng.htm ( Replica firearms are prohibited devices in Canada)

If they are prohibited then why they are in open sale on some online shops in Canada.
    For example : can I buy this "Beretta PX4 Storm Air Pistol" ? Without having any gun license? Can I shoot it on my farmyard ( it is 15 Km out of city )

Thank you in advance for any reply....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    air guns are generally allowed without much issue. doesn't need to make sense.

Replicas vs. airguns is based on FPS and joules of energy produced Under a certain FPS is a replica(and prohibited as such). Over a certain FPS and under a certain Joule (energy) rating is an airgun or unregulated firearm . Over a certain FPS AND over a certain Joule Rating is a firearm . IE . BB and pellet gun Max FPS is 500 fps BECAUSE of the weight of the BB or pellet and the energy it can hit with. However an Airsoft with a lighter projectile can have a HIGHER FPS and remain legal but only to a certain point with the lighter ammo and then it will exceed the maximum allowed Joule rating and become a firearm . That being said if your area has regulation prohibiting the discharge of guns or some douche wants to walk around down town and flash his gat to get free smokes they rapidly become Firearms if any law is broken ...
    acyrologiaphobia – the feer of the incorrect use of english?

Oh, thank you guys for quick reply.
    I found some Beretta with 390 fps and some rifles with 495 fps... Time for shopping ...

Is here any suggestions or recommendations for Air/BB/Pellet guns?

I am newbie in this sport so any recommendations will be so appreciate.

You get what you pay for . There are some more air gun specific forums that might be more help . Do your research is about all I can suggest as I am not an active air gunner although I was looking at one in .357 shooting 158 grain pellets at about 900 fps and one in .45 cal that shot 220 grain pellets at 700 fps that were interesting, although they both required a PAL . Cheers
    acyrologiaphobia – the feer of the incorrect use of english?

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Specs View Post
    You get what you pay for . There are some more air gun specific forums that might be more help . Do your research is about all I can suggest as I am not an active air gunner although I was looking at one in .357 shooting 158 grain pellets at about 900 fps and one in .45 cal that shot 220 grain pellets at 700 fps that were interesting, although they both required a PAL . Cheers
    applied for PAL but cant wait in summer time... here in Vancouver

will look something below 500 fps for now and as soon as receive my pal will check something more serious...

cheers

Its is true that I can buy good AirGuns in Canada only at Cabela? Checked couple amazon sellers but they are not ship to Canada
    Is there another shop where I can order "normal" guns for "normal" price?

Replicaairguns.com Airgunsource.com dlairgun.com Google is your friend.

How do still have 0 posts?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yank View Post
    How do still have 0 posts?
    Always young eh?

Thank you guys for air gun websites/shops - when use GGL it is not showing those websites. But now I know what do I need.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast