Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CQ-A Service

CQ-A Service

I recently ( last week) purchased a CQ-A which was promptly shipped.
    But It won't open for servicing. It looks as though the buffer tuber has moved forward and is preventing the rifle from opening.
    How do I reseat the buffer without opening the rifle?
    "The trouble with the world isn't the things people don't know.It is what they know for sure that just isn't so." Will Rogers
    "And 'will to equality' shall henceforth be the name for virtue; and against all that has power we want to raise our clamor" Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

CGN Regular
    Do you have a castle nut wrench? You should be able to loosen the castle nut and back out the buffer tube without having to break open the rifle. It could also be that the bolt isn't fully seated forward and its partly in the buffer tube.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Can you separate the lower?
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

Cock it first, engage the bolt catch and inspect the chamber. Might be a wad of cotton up in there preventing the bolt from going forward. Release the bolt, don't ride it forward. Press the forward assist to ensure bolt is fully forward. Remove rear takedown pin and attempt to separate upper and lower receivers.

if you still cant open it, take out both takedown pins and separate. that way so u can closely examine issue. if the buffer tube is in fact in too far forward then ya you'll have to get a castle nut wrench or contact the seller and maybe get a replacement based on "QC"

maybe the bolt is out of spec too. i remember when i had mine i accidentally swapped the bolts in my AR's and the gas key on the bolt didnt align properly with the norc gas tube and thus would not go forward.. so like the other guys said make sure the bolt is forward lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    I had this happen a few years ago. The buffer spring jumped the retainer pin and rode the bolt forward, locking the action shut.
    Just pull both take down pins and carefully remove the two halves. I say carefully because the buffer spring and buffer are going to take a pretty good ride if you don't so it slowly.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

The lower will not separate;I don't have a castle nut wrench.
    The two halves won't separate even with both pins removed.
    "The trouble with the world isn't the things people don't know.It is what they know for sure that just isn't so." Will Rogers
    "And 'will to equality' shall henceforth be the name for virtue; and against all that has power we want to raise our clamor" Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Can you pull the charging handle back? Even a small amount, to potentially stuff the buffer back into the tube.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

You don't need a castle nut wrench, try tapping the nut CCW with a screw driver and small hammer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Leather Belt.. Or one of those boa straps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast