Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: We're getting our ball-bearings together! We promise!

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar

We're getting our ball-bearings together! We promise!

For the longest time we've failed to meet expectations that our customers want to see in us, especially in not outreaching our CanadianGunNutz community as much as we wanted to.

This account is now under new management and will be updated and respond to comments, product inquiries or questions about our facility and our retail store. I implore you to give us your best "shot" and use this sub-forum to communicate with us.

Sincerely, the entire team at Target Sports Canada!

PS: Look out for our new logo and re-launch of our shooting range! It will be worth the trip up to Gormley to come and use our facility!
    Last edited by Target Sports Canada; 06-25-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Good to hear. I'm right by you guys and, sorry to say, but I can't bring myself to get a range membership. I believe what was said when I asked "you guys look really busy, are you taking memberships?" Was "oh yeah, we just want your money". Quite a bit of a turn off if you ask me. It's too bad really.

Well, since you brought it up. I'm curious as to what changes you are making? I know you carry lots of guns and kit. Personally I have found your staff to be arrogant, rude, and generally not focused on good customer service. I also find your prices to be higher than most other shops. If it's any indication, I have bought stuff from other shops, and paid shipping and waited a day or two for goods to arrive, rather than spending my money in your establishment because of the general attitude in the place.

So, what changes are you implementing, that might encourage me to spend my money with you?
    Oh oh... that's gonna hurt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I think the OP is talking mostly about their CGN presence and retail web site.

Not sure what brought this on, but I like Target Sports. It's the best indoor shooting facility I've seen in Ontario, and has given thousands of Ontarians their first exposure to firearms, myself included. There's always room for improvement, but I think people beat up on it excessively. It's a busy place, and I'm glad they are busy - it means people are coming to shoot and get introduced to guns, and that's good.

However, one thing. The lighting on the new range is terrible - too dim overall and too focused. You can only see your target clearly at certain spots where the floodlight shines on it. The old lighting was far far better. I hope there is some plan to fix this. For people who only come one time and only care about the excitement of shooting a gun for the first time, it may not be important, but for people who practice regularly there, it's a big deal.
    Last edited by TJspeller; 06-21-2015 at 07:46 AM.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Well I'm a mobile guy. Your guys' website is brutal to work with on a mobile device.

Sorry, people live life on the move today and I would strongly suggest improving your Web site's compatibility with mobile browsers
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I too have had a very hard time with staff acting as if they are better then everyone else, being arrogant, not helpful.
    I have called more then dozens of time to ask for firearms/parts and several of them told me NO ton whatever my question ways and hung up. It's from then one that I haven't spent a dime of money there.
    You guys clean house and get staff that cares about the customers and not how cool they look wearing an empty holster around the store then maybe I'll come by again.

Until that day, I will pass right by your store and keep heading towards all these new local stores popping up. Sorry Target but you guys aren't the only LGS in town now
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie_84 View Post
    Good to hear. I'm right by you guys and, sorry to say, but I can't bring myself to get a range membership. I believe what was said when I asked "you guys look really busy, are you taking memberships?" Was "oh yeah, we just want your money". Quite a bit of a turn off if you ask me. It's too bad really.
    That's pretty bizzarre that you had an experience like that. We are under new management now and I'm confident to say that all of the "bad apples" are pretty much gone. We are a lively bunch with a family atmosphere if you ever decide to give us a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefrog View Post
    Well, since you brought it up. I'm curious as to what changes you are making? I know you carry lots of guns and kit. Personally I have found your staff to be arrogant, rude, and generally not focused on good customer service. I also find your prices to be higher than most other shops. If it's any indication, I have bought stuff from other shops, and paid shipping and waited a day or two for goods to arrive, rather than spending my money in your establishment because of the general attitude in the place.

So, what changes are you implementing, that might encourage me to spend my money with you?
    As I've mentioned above, we have changed in almost all facets of the store, including retail customer support and range officers. I'm confident in saying that our current team, under the new management, is far removed from what prior experiences anyone has had before in our establishment. I can't comment on the pricing of our wares, but we have some excellent deals now and then, and our consignment counter has some interesting items that are fairly well priced.

Come and give us a visit, as I can assure you, the atmosphere at Target Sports Canada is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I too have had a very hard time with staff acting as if they are better then everyone else, being arrogant, not helpful.
    I have called more then dozens of time to ask for firearms/parts and several of them told me NO ton whatever my question ways and hung up. It's from then one that I haven't spent a dime of money there.
    You guys clean house and get staff that cares about the customers and not how cool they look wearing an empty holster around the store then maybe I'll come by again.

Until that day, I will pass right by your store and keep heading towards all these new local stores popping up. Sorry Target but you guys aren't the only LGS in town now
    Like I've mentioned above, we aren't the old Target Sports that was under the management of an individual who is no longer with the company anymore, because of the way it was run. Our new management and new staff are leagues better than anything that was there before. Swing by and I'll personally make sure that you'll leave wanting to come back.

- Shervin

Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    However, one thing. The lighting on the new range is terrible - too dim overall and too focused. You can only see your target clearly at certain spots where the floodlight shines on it. The old lighting was far far better. I hope there is some plan to fix this. For people who only come one time and only care about the excitement of shooting a gun for the first time, it may not be important, but for people who practice regularly there, it's a big deal.
    We are taking into account new criticisms of Range A and I am aware that the management understands that the lighting of Range A is quite dim compared to Range B.

Both ranges are still not 100% complete, as it may take until October to fully deck the new ranges with new stalls and a new pulley system. Perhaps the lighting will change by then but don't hold me to it.

- Shervin

I've had good experience with the staff and range officers at Target, and recently become a member. I'm looking forward to the rebuilt ranges, even if the construction period can be a bit frustrating. Do I need to pick up my ATT (waiting for me) or can you email it to me so I can bring my own iron next time?

Quote Originally Posted by nugunner View Post
    I've had good experience with the staff and range officers at Target, and recently become a member. I'm looking forward to the rebuilt ranges, even if the construction period can be a bit frustrating. Do I need to pick up my ATT (waiting for me) or can you email it to me so I can bring my own iron next time?
    You'll need to pick up your ATT in person, no exceptions unfortunately.

- Shervin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast