Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's Here! It's Alive! It's Improved! It's About Frickin Time!

CGN Regular

Exclamation Upgrade your browser

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Sorry, I can't send you a PM about this, as I wanted to be more discreet, but I have to be brutally honest wirth my feedback on this so far.

There are STILL no product headings visible across the top of the web page when I view it (usiing I.E. 8 on work PC).
    And when I scroll down, all I see is a narrow column occupying barely 1/6 of the page width, all down the left edge of the page only, with only thumbnails and titles of products, no decent product headings. It just goes on forever like this. The bulk of the page content, to the right of this narrow column on the left, is completely BLANK, white empty space in the remaing 5/6 of the page. Sorry to say, but I am nearly fed up with this now, and I have to say that your website programmer has successfully created a useless P.O.S. (piece of $#!t).
    And yeah, way too much emphasis is put on making sites mobile friendly, at the expense of user-friendly on a normal desktop. Big mistake.
    I wish I could show you screenshots of how stupid this looks on my desktop.

Hindsight's 20/20 they say, but if I was you, I would have vetted this website designer you hired a bit more thoroughly before giving him/her this important job. Right now, I'd be tempted to fire their a$$ and get my money back, and get someone to replace him who knows what-the-**** they're doing.
    No wait, let me tell you what I really think of it,...

My vote (not that there is one) is to bring back the old format, at least the basic graphic layout and menu system of it.
    I admit that the current iteration of WS's website needs some work, but using Internet Explorer 8 to browse the web is just asking for trouble. For one, I.E. 8 is not a very secure browser, and two, it is "a useless P.O.S (piece of $#!t)"; in Canada only about 3.8% of the web users still use this crap of an outdated piece of software. Simply put, your complaining is not very constructive and no web developer even wants to touch the HTML code to accommodate any Internet Explorer below IE 10 and the headaches it brings - plus I don't think WS has money to burn to accommodate a dying minority.

Your complaining is like driving a dump-truck through a Timmy Ho's drive-through and then getting pissed that the check-out windows is too low for you to reach. Update your browser to either the current Internet Explore (IE 11) or install some other browser: Fire Fox, Chrome or Opera just to name a few; they all have their quirks but IE is a piece of crap, which even Microsoft themselves have dumped now.

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    The best way to help Wolverine fix their website would be to stop using it.

If you want to purchase something call it in.
    Call at least three- four times to get detailed information about product you are intending to purchase.
    No need purchasing something that doesn't suit your needs, is it now?

Once you are certain that you found what you needed, call them to make an order.

Day later, call again to make sure they got it right.

Two days later call to see if they sent it yet.
    Wolverine is an excellent dealer and probably answer will be positive.
    Thank them for prompt service, and in your excitement forget to ask package tracking numbers.

Do that next day, and call them again.

Once you receive your package, call them to thank them and apologize for calling so much and thank them again for their patience.
    you certainly are pleasant.....
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
    I admit that the current iteration of WS's website needs some work, but using Internet Explorer 8 to browse the web is just asking for trouble. For one, I.E. 8 is not a very secure browser, and two, it is "a useless P.O.S (piece of $#!t)"; in Canada only about 3.8% of the web users still use this crap of an outdated piece of software. Simply put, your complaining is not very constructive and no web developer even wants to touch the HTML code to accommodate any Internet Explorer below IE 10 and the headaches it brings - plus I don't think WS has money to burn to accommodate a dying minority.

Your complaining is like driving a dump-truck through a Timmy Ho's drive-through and then getting pissed that the check-out windows is too low for you to reach. Update your browser to either the current Internet Explore (IE 11) or install some other browser: Fire Fox, Chrome or Opera just to name a few; they all have their quirks but IE is a piece of crap, which even Microsoft themselves have dumped now.
    Can you read? I wrote "(using I.E. 8 on work PC)."
    It was predictable that someone was going to come up with the tired "you're not up-to-date" angle again.

This is my WORK PC. Get it? There is no choice to change browsers, etc. It is all tightly controlled by our company IT administrators.
    I find most of the sales from Wolvie or other vendors by browsing during my breaks and lunch during the day. Purchases are kind of hard when you can't even see what's on sale.
    So keep on going on about the latest and greatest browsers out there. It doesn't make a bit of difference in the context I am referring to.
    There are many large corporations (like the one I work for) that maintain older stable platforms with their IT staff not only because of the cost of upgrades to the latest and greatest, but also because many of the newer browsers are incompatible with the myriad of databases and other software that is used on the same PC's company-wide. In my case it is both reasons. We have manufacturing and engineering databases that simply conflict with the newer browsers. Yours is not a realistic or possible solution in many work environments.
    By the time my company upgrades to the next level of I.E., Wolverine may very well be on THEIR next website design. In the meantime, they will be missing mine, and many others' (who have complained similarly), business. Unless I do it from home later in the day, likely after limited stock is sold out, etc.

My complaining is not very constructive? LOL. Excuse me for not playing the fan-boy game. Next.

CGN Regular

derp

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Can you read? I wrote "(using I.E. 8 on work PC)."
    It was predictable that someone was going to come up with the tired "you're not up-to-date" angle again.

This is my WORK PC. Get it? There is no choice to change browsers, etc. It is all tightly controlled by our company IT administrators.
    I find most of the sales from Wolvie or other vendors by browsing during my breaks and lunch during the day. Purchases are kind of hard when you can't even see what's on sale.
    So keep on going on about the latest and greatest browsers out there. It doesn't make a bit of difference in the context I am referring to.
    There are many large corporations (like the one I work for) that maintain older stable platforms with their IT staff not only because of the cost of upgrades to the latest and greatest, but also because many of the newer browsers are incompatible with the myriad of databases and other software that is used on the same PC's company-wide. In my case it is both reasons. We have manufacturing and engineering databases that simply conflict with the newer browsers. Yours is not a realistic or possible solution in many work environments.
    By the time my company upgrades to the next level of I.E., Wolverine may very well be on THEIR next website design. In the meantime, they will be missing mine, and many others' (who have complained similarly), business. Unless I do it from home later in the day, likely after limited stock is sold out, etc.

My complaining is not very constructive? LOL. Excuse me for not playing the fan-boy game. Next.
    Oh I am sorry, I thought when you said "work PC" you meant "skljfhdklsjdhfklsjdhfb"...silly me. You just made even a bigger ass of yourself, keep it up. So, you knowingly admit to using an outdated web browser, get pissed off at WS, then spend a whole paragraph telling me and everyone else about the company you work for and other large corporations and how they "maintain older stable platform". [Internet Explorer 8 is anything but "stable"] So again, how is this WS problem that you are using an outdated browser? And then on top of it come back with, "It was predictable that someone was going to come up with the tired 'you're not up-to-date' angle again". So if it was predictable, why did you not address it in the previous post? Oh I know, telepathy.

Secondly, it was not obvious that the company you work for has a tight control on their internal network. As such, you 'might' be able to see that if you would have stated that in the previous post and then went on complaining, it would have made you look like an even bigger ass for knowingly complaining about something that WS has no control over.
    Last edited by TripleF; 07-24-2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: section removed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    I actually like the idea of filters. It was one of the things I liked about your old sight because it allowed me to browse your "africa/cowboy" stuff instead of your "zombie apocalypse/ yeee ####ing haw/ badass sniper" stuff.

One qualm I have with the new sight is that there should be more options for filters on reloading stuff. Probably on other stuff too, but this is what I have been looking for. I would really like a .338 win mag filter, but I'm sure that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by H.K.Glock 007 View Post
    you certainly are pleasant.....
    You certainly don't have sense of humour...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Well it's coming up to 2 months since the launch .
    Any idea when the new site will be functional ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Well it's coming up to 2 months since the launch .
    Any idea when the new site will be functional ?
    The web design company is working on it as we speak........

If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Super GunNutz
    I'm ok with the new site and haven't had any difficulty purchasing from it...but..I have always wondered why Wolverine, Wanstalls, Reliable, P&D, Frontier, Epps, etc, etc, don't consider using the best features of each website in their software. I have purchased from most online Gun stores in Canada and I manage to figure them out but I wouldn't consider most really that user friendly. I guess it's part of the firearms ownership challenge in Canada...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Lots of knowledge and information that is needed to run a retail gun store in Canada. Having all that down and also being a computer geek appear to be mutually exclusive. Coincidentally being a computer geek and having a clue about retail or the gun business is also counter intuitive.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.