Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's Here! It's Alive! It's Improved! It's About Frickin Time!

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    New web site – The rest of the story!

Nine pages and nearly 6, 000 views, thank you all for your comments and advice. Believe me, it pains me the most, that the current site falls far short of our expectations as the total cost of our Point Of Sale upgrade and new web site runs well into six figures. The original “go live” date was Feb/March. We have continued delays and extra costs.

With our new Point of Sale Program my sales staff, through no fault of their own take longer to process sales due to what I personally feel is an overly complicated system. Our shipping staff are also less efficient. This is despite all the promises we were given by the suppliers of these new programs.

Why a new web site? I also liked the old site, but it was no longer compatible with our new POS system, something I was not even aware of initially.

Speed of web site is, I agree, is ridiculously slow, an oversight? It certainly shouldn’t be, we are giving this first priority and this will be fixed ASAP.

Product pricing errors on the web site. This was a programming error (which should not have happened) from the web site developer, we have taken steps to correct that.

There are a lot of other little details on the web site that we will correct, this is an ongoing work in process project..

I would like to thank Ryan, our own in house “I T” man who has worked incredibly long hours over the last six months on this project, the stress and frustration that he has had to endure was far more than any employee should be expected to suffer. He has been ably assisted by Tyson.

I must ask you all to be patient a little longer as we get this “monster” tamed.

The good news is that our e-mail system is unaffected so if any customer has a problem please send us an e-mail.

Thank you all for your understanding.
    No problem John, personally I think your new site looks great, technical problem can be fixed
    Get some!!! ^^

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Ryan has been giving this change over his all. He's been working day and night and really deserves some big kudos.

Here is a picture of how Ryan spend his weekend working on the new SQL server.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I view your site often when I get a chance between tasks at work or on lunch, and I USED to be able to see it all clearly on this old company PC which is not able to use Firefox and is limited by the old I.E. browser. I based many purchases on being able to scope out stuff in advance during the day, then either order then, or wait 'til I get home to my slightly more modern PC. Regardless, I do NOT see ANY headings across the top at all like the old site had, like Firearms, Accessories, etc, which made it easy to zero in on a firearm or accessory brand. Where are the shopping category headings? Are they just invisble to my PC here?

I see I have to scroll down the page endless times to see different view options, but when I click on them, all of them seem blank except for a title, along with the text "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
    The only pictures I see are little thunbnails along the left edge, after painfully scrolling down, and down, and down. Other than that, I can't see squat.
    Great. (not) ;-(

I hate to b%tch about these things, as we went through it with another vendor's new site, but I simply cannot use your web site now. I'll have to check it out at home, but that's missing the point. Backwards compatibility is an asset, unless you want to lose sales from people who have no choice of machine they view it with (like at work, where we never have the latest and greatest hardware or software). Just sayin'. I love you guys, and the gear I've bought from you, but this doesn't bode well for me.

I LIKED the old site and its menu layout. What was wrong with that? ;-)
    Last edited by El_Monty457; 06-23-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Grumpy, the picture shows a distinct lack of burritos and coke to keep the poor guy fueled up while slaving away in the dungeon. Tsk tsk you have to take better care of your staff

My advice for next time.

1. Setup a Staging server
    2. Iron out all the bugs
    3. Then go live

Will save yourself and others a ton of grief.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmin View Post
    Grumpy, the picture shows a distinct lack of burritos and coke to keep the poor guy fueled up while slaving away in the dungeon. Tsk tsk you have to take better care of your staff
    Not my staff LOL...he's a grown man and can look after himself. besides the bags of doritos, cans of monster and the kinder surprises are off camera
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    I find it runs a bit slow (computer and mobile).
    On mobile (my phone) a lot of the links seems to be over lapping, and it looks very cramped

I like how it is broken down (ie all the different catagories)
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    I view your site often when I get a chance between tasks at work or on lunch, and I USED to be able to see it all clearly on this old company PC which is not able to use Firefox and is limited by the old I.E. browser. I based many purchases on being able to scope out stuff in advance during the day, then either order then, or wait 'til I get home to my slightly more modern PC. Regardless, I do NOT see ANY headings across the top at all like the old site had, like Firearms, Accessories, etc, which made it easy to zero in on a firearm or accessory brand. Where are the shopping category headings? Are they just invisble to my PC here?

I see I have to scroll down the page endless times to see different view options, but when I click on them, all of them seem blank except for a title, along with the text "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
    The only pictures I see are little thunbnails along the left edge, after painfully scrolling down, and down, and down. Other than that, I can't see squat.
    Great. (not) ;-(

I hate to b%tch about these things, as we went through it with another vendor's new site, but I simply cannot use your web site now. I'll have to check it out at home, but that's missing the point. Backwards compatibility is an asset, unless you want to lose sales from people who have no choice of machine they view it with (like at work, where we never have the latest and greatest hardware or software). Just sayin'. I love you guys, and the gear I've bought from you, but this doesn't bode well for me.

I LIKED the old site and its menu layout. What was wrong with that? ;-)
    If you are using a computer that can't run Firefox and is limited to an old version of IE (I'm gonna guess IE6), you shouldn't be using that to submit payment information or any other sensitive information. It's not a secure browser anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionLongshot View Post
    If you are using a computer that can't run Firefox and is limited to an old version of IE (I'm gonna guess IE6), you shouldn't be using that to submit payment information or any other sensitive information. It's not a secure browser anymore.
    We're Using I.E. 8.
    But you missed the main point anyway.
    Regardless whether I'm actually buying or not (usually not, just browsing to shop for a purchase later), it would be nice to at least be able to SEE SOMETHING on the bloody page during the day in case there was a sale on something decent that might be in short supply, when I might be out of luck by the time I get home later

Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    My advice for next time.

1. Setup a Staging server
    2. Iron out all the bugs
    3. Then go live

Will save yourself and others a ton of grief.
    That all costs $$ and not just a few hundred.