Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CFO wants interview at Police Station

CGN Regular

CFO wants interview at Police Station

Hey everyone, I have a question for you.

I received a call from my CFO and he wants to have an interview with me, face-to-face at the local Police Station. Has this happened to you? I was once charged with a crime but the Crown dropped the charges; I wasn't charged for violence/threats. I was not guilty and I don't see how that charge could have any effect in regards to getting a PAL.

Thanks

mabey they just want to go over it and make sure they know everything that happened.

BANNED
    Being charged with anything raises flags. Despite the law saying it's only crimes with violence. How long it's been makes a difference too.

My brother had a face to face, although at the office and not a police station lol. In the end he left the meeting feeling defeated and that he was never going to be approved. He did receive a pal in the mail to his surprise. Be honest, Remain calm, don't fall into the trap of being angered and all should go fine.
    NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by radmacks View Post
    My brother had a face to face, although at the office and not a police station lol. In the end he left the meeting feeling defeated and that he was never going to be approved. He did receive a pal in the mail to his surprise. Be honest, Remain calm, don't fall into the trap of being angered and all should go fine.
    How long ago was this? And was it in Manitoba? This is the first I've heard of a face to face interview. Funny they have time to meet with people, but can't stick to their own 45 day time line for processing apps. Been 4 months 6 days and counting for my app.

Back in the old days EVERY restricted purchase meant a trip to the police station with them giving you a once over.Didn't bother me and it gave me a chance to chit-chat with the local cops about shooting.
    CCFR,CSSA,OFAH

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LouF View Post
    Back in the old days EVERY restricted purchase meant a trip to the police station with them giving you a once over.Didn't bother me and it gave me a chance to chit-chat with the local cops about shooting.
    This.

Funny thing back in the days of the FAC ... small town in Southern Ontario .. bought a pistol (don't remember which one now) ... went to the OPP to get my permit to transport (back then they visually inspected every restricted purchase). A few days later had my permit it hand went during the time window picked up whatever it was. Drove to the station to get it inspected - there was normally a Sergeant on duty during the day who looked after this - turns out he was away. Next most senior was an old buddy of mine - the job was his but he had no clue. So I talked him through it ... he got out the registration form, filled the obvious stuff in, I suggested he check and verify the model # and serial # against the transport permit etc, check the calibre markings on the frame, suggested measuring barrel length etc .... worked fine no problems ... but that was then ...

Super Moderator
    The CFO? Or your local Firearms Officer?
    Look at it this way - if you don't have the interview, do you think that you are going to get the PAL?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    My buddy had a F2F interview with his local Police Stn. Cops were called to his old address for some other family member some 10yrs ago and he was denied his RPAL back then. It seems that they kept a record of it attached to his name because the house was under his name. He'd moved to a new home and no longer with the family member who the cops were called for. When he applied for his RPAL again, the response was to contact his local Police Stn for an interview. He got his RPAL after a short 15min interview.
    CSSA Member

There was a story in the news not long ago about a guy that kept getting hassled every time he crossed into the USA and his beef was that for years prior he never had any problems. He filed a freedom of info request to see what was on his file. If I recall it correctly he had ran into an old friend at a restaurant who was having a meal with an unknown friend. He did not know this friend and had sat down for 10 minutes then left. Apparently the RCMP were watching the friend he did not know and by sitting down the RCMP wanted to know who he was so they followed him till they could ID him through a license plate or some other means. He was put on a possible gang relations list and that's where his problems started with border crossings. If he were to apply for a PAL or RPAL then that would cause some issues.
    I ride a m/c. If you TEXT, drive and injure or kill me. Well my dad says life is not worth living. I don't know if that means him or you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast