Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grange Firearms Assosciation is now Calibre Shooting Association

CGN frequent flyer
    As per post #3, it appears we are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by promac View Post
    Will the transition from Grange to Caliber affect the validity of Grange sponsored LTATT's?

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar
    Will the transition from Grange to Caliber affect the validity of Grange sponsored LTATT's?
    Negative. The club is still at the same location and still a club. If one of these were to change, then the LTATT would be invalid. Anyone who is currently a member of the club will carry on with their LTATT's like normal.

- Shervin

Quote Originally Posted by majorca View Post
    If we were formerly members of the Grange and are members of another club (i.e. Sharon) - do we need to do the new orientation/shoot?
    If you were a former member, you would still have to go through the CLSC. This is true for all clubs, as each one has their own way of doing things.

JR's post made it clear that the CLSC's would be amalgamated to a one day ordeal, which is much better than what the norm was, prior.

- Shervin

CGN frequent flyer
    Damn I found this too late, but I'll be there tomorrow to break in my AR15 PDW build!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    Will a current Grange member be required to take the CLSC upon their transition to Caliber membership?
    Last edited by promac; 07-01-2015 at 06:48 PM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

Will a current Grange member be required to take the CLSC upon their transition to Caliber membership?
    No, I'm pretty sure you'll only need to take the CLSC if you're a new member. Having everyone take a new CLSC because our name and management changed wouldn't make too much sense

As JR stated, if you're a CURRENT member, you have nothing to worry about.

- Shervin

CGN frequent flyer
    shervin,

see ya friday, bud. im bringing some family.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Absolutely not. For current members, it should be seemless.

The agreement struck between the Grange and myself is that there will be a one year transition so current members can simply roll over upon the natural expiration of their membership.

It also keeps all current LTATTs valid as well as insurance and other administrative stuff.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorca View Post
    If we were formerly members of the Grange and are members of another club (i.e. Sharon) - do we need to do the new orientation/shoot?
    You bring up an excellent point.

Yes, you will need "something" so that we all are on the same page. However if you already have a valid LTATT or a recognized CLSC then I think we need to address this in our plans and can reduce the requirements for those with a proven track record, as we do with those that show up with suitable holster certifications.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Can you please list the calibre and type of firearms we can bring to the range now? Hours of operations? I am not a member but might be interested.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast