Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grange Firearms Assosciation is now Calibre Shooting Association

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar

Grange Firearms Assosciation is now Calibre Shooting Association

Quote from JR Cox, owner of Target Sports Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Effective July 1st, 2015

Dear Valued Members of the Grange,

We have been together now for over 7 years and what a ride it has been. I still remember those days where I could actually see snow on the ranges in the winter and rain in the summer.

Does anyone remember the "shark cage" to get in?

How about the fireplace that didn't work or the dark entrance way of doom?

I look back and am still very happy with the progress we have made in the facility and with our involvement in the community. We can also be proud that collectively we have held so many fundraisers and special events that we have helped community groups with over $250,000.00 in assistance.

However, as with all things in life, it is now time for another change; I am hoping you will see this as positive as I do.

Effective July 1st, a new club will be operating in the facility, parallel to the Grange and eventually replacing it. It is called the Calibre Shooting Association, but will offer memberships in the Target Sports name. It is an approved CFO club and will sign off for the LTATTs until such time, if it comes that it is no longer a necessity. It is my desire to move every willing member over to the new club.

The only difference is that the executive and staff of the club are full and part-time employees of Target Sports. It is no longer a secondary duty of a volunteer to operate and for the membership; this will make a huge difference. I think we all can see that we have become victims of our own success and a volunteer executive cannot adequately keep up anymore.

When you come in to renew over the next year, you will see that Target Sports will no longer sell Grange memberships. The membership will be to Target Sports Canada (Calibre Shooting Association). As promised, the fees will be exactly the same. Additionally, you will no longer be required to buy a membership in an organization like the CSSA as we have secured our own club liability insurance. This alone will save you approximately $50 a year. You may still wish to join a community association as I do. However, it is not another forced fee.

With this new club, as I am trying to make it more consistent with my club in Calgary, every new membership or renewal gets a coupon sheet.

Some of the coupons are:

6 free guest passes
    5% one time off any purchase card
    10% one time off any ammo purchase card
    And of course, the Airmiles still continue.

I believe you will see far more value with this new arrangement. Plus having staff around most days to answer questions and process the applications will help tremendously.

One major change, (and I know this is going to be controversial) is that we are replacing the entire probationary / CLSC system. It is going to be streamlined considerably to bring it more in line with the rest of the country. While we are just finalizing it, the entire orientation and shoot (yes... one shoot) can be completed in less than 2 hours. There still is a standard to be met, so do not expect a free ride for new members. I look forward to feedback and suggestions to ensure safety and everyone's comfort levels. The system in place is unnecessarily onerous and the positive changes I propose should help us grow our shooting family both effectively and safely.

We expect to have all of our systems in place by the middle of July to run the Calibre Shooting Association familiarization program.

With the executive of the Grange's help and your assistance, we should make everyone's use of the facility seamless.

Basically, until your Grange membership expires over the next year, or you are told otherwise, simply enjoy the facility as you would. But if you have any questions, our in-house team will help sort it out.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for their patience with the renovations. It has been trying for everyone. Due to the Canada Day holiday and a plant shutdown, the HVAC will now be installed during the week of July 20th and the new target retrieval system with dividers sometime in September…. We can see the collective light at the end of the tunnel.

However, effective today we can now shoot regular lead core .223/5.56mm in Range B as well as slugs.

I look forward to another 7 years together.

If you have any questions of feedback, please contact myself; jr@theedgegroup.ca or Julie (the General Manager) at julie@targetsportscanada.com

Sincerely,

J.R. Cox
    Chief bottle washer

CGN frequent flyer
    Thank you for the big change announcement and change. Our LTATT is still valid until our renewal, correct?

Can't wait to bring my .223 cal rifles in tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Thank you for the big change announcement and change. Our LTATT is still valid until our renewal, correct?
    Correct. There's no reason why it shouldn't be.

- Shervin

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks Shervin. So excited and giddy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Target Sports Canada View Post
    Correct. There's no reason why it shouldn't be.

- Shervin

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Thanks Shervin. So excited and giddy lol.
    The legions of other members with AR's and hunting rifles in the 5.56/.223 caliber are as well. Better news is still to come regarding the usage of higher calibers, sometime down the road.

Remember to make sure you bring 55gr FMJ lead-core, as no 62gr "greentips" are allowed, because of steel content.

If the bullet sticks to a magnet, it's a no go on the range

- Shervin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I think this is very good news.
    It seems to raise the "calibre" of the club, especially the professionalism of how it's run.
    Good luck. As a long time member, I am looking forward to the changes.

Looking forward to sighting in my 308s eventually. Meanwhile, looks like the Benelli MR1 can come out and play.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

CGN frequent flyer
    so friggin excited!

Good news. Can't wait to bring my AR. ������

If we were formerly members of the Grange and are members of another club (i.e. Sharon) - do we need to do the new orientation/shoot?
    "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it."
    Clint Eastwood
    Pink Cadillac

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    Will the transition from Grange to Caliber affect the validity of Grange sponsored LTATT's?
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast