Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: CFB Petawawa PR Match 2 - 17-18 Oct 2015 - Debrief Here - Results UP

No worries, I'll be showing up with my M305. I will not shoot good like a bolt action, but my shooting will be faster!!!

LMAO!

I hope I'm not the only semi-auto on course! I have been playing around with different ammo loads all summer, now its time to see what it can do!!!

LOL!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    I'm shooting an AR.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Looking forward to that great Roast Beef on Saturday night!!

I am also bringing a spare rifle incase anyone is in need.
    A Savage Axis XP .223 w/Bushnell Tactical Elite 10x 40mm Mildot with bipod (nice little shooter)...

Would turning off the gas system of the M-305's increase accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Would turning off the gas system of the M-305's increase accuracy?
    It shouldn't really affect the mechanical accuracy unless the chamber is opening with the bullet still in the bore. It is possible that your consistency will improve only dealing with one recoil impulse but I wouldn't want to manually run an m14 and have to do a mag change for the rapid follow up

Turning off the gas system and dialing in my reload helps big time! My M305 can now shoot sub MOA. That is super fab for a combat service rifle! Now it will not shoot like a bolt action.

I'll be shooting the clinic with my gas system turned off.

Now I need to attend Barney's M14 clinic to really push the limits of my M305. I am just waiting for him to host one around here!

If you have a M305 I suggest you attend, just for the learning experience rather then showing off how tight your groupings are - LOL! Besides I don't want to be the only M305 on the field!!! LMAO!!!

Business Member
    Well, we are a week plus a few days away from the clinic.

I have a couple of surprises for all of you clinic attendees. Some of you who have been with my clinics over the years are familiar with my "guests" I get to invite out to the Petawawa GC events kindly hosted by chalk river. Well that's all I'm gonna say right now; don't talk about Fight Club!

What a community we have here / we have built / we encourage!

I'm really excited to be back in Petawawa after my 4 week cross country Road Trip / clinic trip / family trip!

And yes run that M14 with the gas turned off! It's all good! Yuk yuk yuk yuk......

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank-Soldier View Post
    Turning off the gas system and dialing in my reload helps big time! My M305 can now shoot sub MOA. That is super fab for a combat service rifle! Now it will not shoot like a bolt action.

I'll be shooting the clinic with my gas system turned off.

Now I need to attend Barney's M14 clinic to really push the limits of my M305. I am just waiting for him to host one around here!

If you have a M305 I suggest you attend, just for the learning experience rather then showing off how tight your groupings are - LOL! Besides I don't want to be the only M305 on the field!!! LMAO!!!

Hey, TS:

You are not far from me... I'm directly north of you. Send me a PM and we can tighten up your M14 in a couple of hours... Your very own private M14 clinic in my basement workshop! Shoot me a PM!

Cheers

Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Lucky B

Hi Barney

Yes, for sure I'll take you up on your offer!! We can chat at Danny's on Saturday about the details.

OK - The Closet Commando team will be onsite this weekend in full force!!! The team is all pumped up and ready to go!

Looking forward to seeing some old faces and to meet a few new ones!

Woo-Ho!!!!