Thread: Ordering gun parts from the US?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 0faustus0's Avatar

Ordering gun parts from the US?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question .... and I am sure that it has been asked many times before ...

I am wondering if there are issues with ordering gun parts in the US and get them shipped to a Canadian address.

According to this RCMP site it is legal to import gun parts from the US as long as they do not belong to a prohibited device.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...porter-eng.htm

I am wondering if anybody has any experience with buying/ordering parts in the US ... for example from Ebay?

I am thinking about extra shotgun barrels, stocks, pump shotgun mag extension, etc.

Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    As you noted, there are a number of gun parts that are okay to bring into Canada.
    The problem that you will encounter is with companies or individuals in the U.S.
    shipping them to Canada. Most cannot be bothered with the hassle. Ebay is impossible.

Companies such as Brownells will sell and ship to Canada. There are others.

BANNED
    Buy anything via not from E-Bay you will be giving money to the people who want to take your firearms away from you. E-Bay is well known for funding the likes of the Cukier Gang. Most vendors(who are harming themselves) won't ship here anyway.
    Importing parts isn't the issue. It's exporting parts from the U.S. Some firearms and all parts for 'em are restricted for export by the U.S. government. There's a sticky. A forum and net search for ITAR(that's a U.S. treaty) will help too.
    Shotgun stuff is controlled by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce. Everything else is controlled by the U.S. Dept. of State. Both have a permit/licence. U.S. manufacturers are required to have an exporter's licence from Commerce. Sellers require the State Dept.'s export permit if the stuff is controlled by ITAR.
    In any case, given the current exchange rate, shipping costs and taxes, buying Stateside doesn't save much money. Also means a local gun shop loses your business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    I have placed over 25 orders with Brownells. They are good company to deal with. If the item you want is not exportable they will let you know. They have a list of companies who's products they can sell to Canadians. Barrels, Upper receivers, bolts need extra paperwork. I ordered a DPMS Bull barrel for $89 and it took about 45 days to arive at my door. Also if your order is over $100 of gun parts you will need and export certificate, read the tutorial it will give you all the anwsers.

I placed an order a couple of days ago. DS Arms Mil-spec Carbine buffer tube, Spikes Tactical Carbine gas tube and High Standard carbine gas tube. The order came to $44 U.S. and 10.58 shipping. I find if your order is under $60 they will ship USPS INTFC which is the cheapest and customs usually gives you a break.
    Last edited by Undergiver; 07-02-2015 at 01:06 PM.

IRunGuns can also bring things in, although they only ship once per month (mid Month) and there's the $25 initial fee, and then $5 per part after that, plus shipping from their American Warehouse to their Canadian Warehouse, and then to your door, plus everything you buy is in USD, so there's that to consider as well.