Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holster now available for SAM Thunderbolt 1911

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SolCan View Post
    We might be able to do something sooner than September, if there's enough interest i'll jump on it!

SolCan
    Thanks for the contact Tim. Hopefully you can get going on this sooner rather than later. I would definitely be in for one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Yup, I found it was longer than other 1911 rails... As ted_dent mentioned I didn't realize that when I bought my Blade-Tech railed 1911 holster. Fortunately, kydex is easy to work with, and I carefully heated both sides with a heat gun. Took a few minutes and a few attempts to fit it, but once the kydex was supple enough it slipped right in. It did result in slightly shiny patches where the kydex was warmed, but at least it worked!

BTW: I LOVE the Thunderbolt!!!! Great shooting 1911 for the money!

No problem!,

I'll get on it and hopefully have something very soon!, these will be dedicated (Competition or Concealment) S.A.M thunderbolt & Seraphim archangel 1911 holsters..

SolCan
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Thanks for the contact Tim. Hopefully you can get going on this sooner rather than later. I would definitely be in for one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Zahal has open design holsters for use when flashlights attached. It should work.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

We might be able to do something sooner than September, if there's enough interest i'll jump on it!

SolCan
    I need one too. I have Ser#002 of this gun. Nice unit, but am in the same boat as the OP. Please make something and please make it affordable. I would like a leg style holster.

G-Code also makes a railed 1911 holster, but I imagine you might have the same problem with it that you did with the others.

For some of the thumb-break holsters, you can leave the thumb-break disengaged and draw using Level 1 retention only. The thumb-break might come in handy if you run around a lot in 3 Gun, for example.

I too have been emailing Tim from Solely Canadian regarding a holster for the thunderbolt, with optional drop attachment. I have been discussing joining classic division through IDPA, but with no holster can't even train. I will wait until September if that's what it takes, because I really enjoy my thunderbolt, and want to support Canadian firearm suppliers. You got one sold here Solely canadian, I am patient, and anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tractorguy View Post
    I too have been emailing Tim from Solely Canadian regarding a holster for the thunderbolt, with optional drop attachment. I have been discussing joining classic division through IDPA, but with no holster can't even train. I will wait until September if that's what it takes, because I really enjoy my thunderbolt, and want to support Canadian firearm suppliers. You got one sold here Solely canadian, I am patient, and anxious.
    sounds good!,
    I'll make sure to have something a lot sooner than September.

sounds good!,
    I'll make sure to have something a lot sooner than September.
    That what I like to here! let me know if u need a Thunderbolt to mold from, I would have no problem putting mine up for a modelling gig, it's custom SS with black controls....looks great in hogue grips

Post a pic, that sounds nice

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast