Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longer Barrels for the Outlaw

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It being a clone of the coach gun I believe, would be nice to have it in 18 or 20", not sure what the original coach gun came in!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Well,if it was me ,I would keep the original outlaw as it was,keep its own taste.But buy another full length 26inch to28inch double barrel shotgun.
    I LOVE HONEY

I agree with previous posts - 20" with common chokes would be prime. I'd be in for one. Especially if the mechanisms stay identical.. I've had to scavenge a few parts from one Outlaw to another to keep it running.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    I don't believe this factory does chokes, but we can check next time we place an order

Right on. If chokes aren't available, would we be right in assuming the price would be similar to the current Outlaw?

Agreed.

20" double barreled shotgun with screw chokes would be great - I would sell my O/U and get one of those puppies.
    20" 1887 with screw chokes would also be a hot seller, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HONEY View Post
    Well,if it was me ,I would keep the original outlaw as it was,keep its own taste.But buy another full length 26inch to28inch double barrel shotgun.
    Don't get me wrong: my primary use is as a range toy/ "bear spray."

I merely want to lend some more versatility that would not be unwarranted in the $120+/- range. It will be akin to owning two shotguns for very different purposes. But, I digress; I do use my outlaw in trap as a handicap/ of the particular range "irks" me (black powder being "cutting edge" to a particular set of fudd...).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    It being a clone of the coach gun I believe, would be nice to have it in 18 or 20", not sure what the original coach gun came in!
    Rossi made a uplander with functioning hammers Great guns I used one in Cowboy action shooting. Baikal made some with functioning hammers and non function hammers . If it's the external hammers you want? Norinco made some to. If not Boito or Stoeger made some great coach guns. You can buy a old SXS and cut the barrels

Revewing thread on outlaw 12'' barrels as i'm planning to order one from you in the next days, found this old one. Is there any advancement for 18''+ barrels availability ?

Thanks
    Best regards

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MartNutz View Post
    Revewing thread on outlaw 12'' barrels as i'm planning to order one from you in the next days, found this old one. Is there any advancement for 18''+ barrels availability ?

Thanks
    Best regards
    They are out there already, basically the Norinco Coach gun, but they run almost as much as the non-chinese guns. I'd be more interested in a 20" barrel as they work for cowboy action shooting and even hunting. One in 26-28 would also be good or better, heck you can cut them to 18.5 any time, getting them longer is the tough part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast